Maxwell P. Carroll
Recognized in:Real Estate Law
Location:Cathedral Place, Suite 1600925 West Georgia StreetVancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- British Columbia, 2010
- British Columbia, 2017
- British Columbia Due Diligence Deskbook - Contributing Author
- Canada Bar Association - ancouver Real Property Subsection, Executive Committee Member (Co-Chair), 2015 - 2017
- Law Society of Alberta - Member
- Law Society of British Columbia - Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties - Member
- Urban Development Institute - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Real Estate Law
Suite 1100, 225-6th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 1N2
460 Doyle Avenue, Suite 403
Kelowna, BC V1Y 0C2
4915 - 48th Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 818
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N6
Lawyer Case History
- Assisting clients with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and industrial investment properties.
- Advising clients in a variety of general corporate and commercial matters, including the acquisition of businesses, preparation and negotiation of shareholder's agreements and limited partnership agreements.
- Acting as lead leasing counsel to a large Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust in respect to its portfolio of properties in Western Canada and in the lease preparation and negotiation of approximately 100 distinct leasing matters.
- Acting for a BC-based developer in respect to various residential and mixed-use developments, advising on the organization and formation of various development entities, rezoning and municipal matters, financing, pre-sale purchaser documentation in compliance with the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, and conveyance of completed strata lots to individual purchasers.
- Advising a manufacturer of electronic speed controllers for application in electric and hybrid vehicles, in its acquisition of a leader in battery charging solutions for electric vehicles and industrial machines.
- Acting for a seniors housing trust with respect to various acquisitions of retirement homes in BC.
- Acting for a group of investors with structuring a limited partnership and general partner and their acquisition of a student housing complex from receivership in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Acting for a large development, investment, and management company in respect of their Western Canada operations and assisting with due diligence, corporate structuring and formation, financing and closing in their acquisition of the Ironwood Profession Building.