Sidley Austin LLP
Recognized since 2013
Los Angeles, California
Ms. Gorsen is the former director of the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, where she directed the regulation of solid and hazardous waste and soil and water cleanups under CERCLA, RCRA, water and brownfields laws, as well as spearheaded the California Green Chemistry Initiative and the new laws governing toxics in products sold in California.
Ms. Gorsen is the former general counsel of the California Environmental Protection Agency, where she oversaw policies and activities that enforce California’s environmental laws. She is also the former general counsel for the California Natural Resources Agency. Ms. Gorsen has been ranked in Best Lawyers since 2013.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sidley.com/en/people/g/gorsen-maureen-f
- 1999 Avenue of the Stars, 17th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Georgetown University , J.D., graduated 1993
- University of Pennsylvania , BA, graduated 1986
- California, The State Bar of California
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- ABA Administrative Law Committee - Member
- ABA Pesticides, Toxics and Right-to-Know Committee - Member
- California Manufacturers and Technology Association - Member
- Consumer Specialty Products Association - Member
- International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization - Member
- Interstate Chemicals Clearinghouse - Member
- TechAmerica - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Environmental Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.