Recognized since 2019
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Matthew Turner is a senior shareholder with Sommers Schwartz, and focuses his practice on medical malpractice, legal malpractice, ERISA, and class action matters.
Fighting for and protecting the rights of his clients is the most important part of Matt’s profession. During law school, he was a law clerk for Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Richard Kuhn, and after graduation, he joined his family’s law firm where he litigated a broad range of matters involving business disputes, employment discrimination, dental malpractice, auto accident, slip and fall, and significant cases of death and catastrophic loss.
Matt has appeared before the United States Supreme Court, and prevailed in a 9-0 decision establishing precedent that has been followed throughout the country. He has argued a number of appeals before the Michigan Supreme Court, the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Michigan Court of Appeals. At the trial level, he obtained a verdict in excess of $1 million dollars in a medical malpractice case, and has secured a number of other highly successful trial verdicts and settlements.
In addition to his legal career, Matt has been a varsity high school football coach for over 20 years. In 2002, the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association named him an Assistant Coach of the Year. He currently serves as the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator at Birmingham Groves High School.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sommerspc.com/people/matthew-turner/
- One Towne Square, Suite 1700
Southfield, MI 48076
- Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- Birmingham Groves High School - Assistant Varsity Football Coach, Offensive Coordinator
- Bloomfield Hills Andover High School, Dublin (Ohio) High School, Birmingham Seaholm High School, and Troy Athens High School - Former Assistant High School Football Coach
- Hickory Point Homeowners Association - Board Member
- Michigan Association for Justice - Executive Board Member
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County Circuit Courts - Case Evaluator
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2007 – PresentBest Lawyers in America– 2019DBusiness Top Lawyer – 2016Leading Lawyers – Class Action & Mass Tort LawAV Preeminent Lawyer – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale-Hubbell
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.