Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
Recognized since 1995
Banking and Finance Law
Corporate Governance Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Mutual Funds Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Matt Feeney is the Chair of Snell & Wilmer, one of the largest law firms in the Western United States, with offices in Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and Los Cabos, Mexico. His practice is concentrated in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, SEC reporting and compliance, and corporate governance matters, including advising corporate boards and board committees.
Matt has represented companies in public and private offerings of several billion dollars of secured debt, senior debt, subordinated debt, and common stock and preferred stock. He has represented numerous buyers and sellers in both public and private mergers and acquisitions. He has received numerous professional awards and recognition over his career, including being named among the “Best Lawyers in America”; Chambers USA; America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions; Southwest Super Lawyers; Lawdragon Top 3000 Leading Lawyers in America; and Arizona’s Finest Lawyers.
Matt is a member of the Board of Directors of The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce and of the Musical Instrument Museum. He is a founding Board Member and past-Chairman of the St. Joseph the Worker Job Service for the Homeless and has received the Sir Thomas More Award, as well as the University of Notre Dame Exemplar Award for Community Service. He serves on the Board of Directors of Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society, Inc., a mutual insurance company.
Matt graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Government and Economics from the University of Notre Dame, where he also received his Juris Doctorate magna cum laude.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.swlaw.com/people/matt_feeney
- One Arizona Center, Suite 1900
400 East Van Buren Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004-2202
- University of Notre Dame, Government and Economics, graduated 1979
- Arizona, State Bar of Arizona
- Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce - Board Member
- Kevin Kolb’s Pass It 4ward Foundation - Executive Board
- Musical Instrument Musuem - Board of Directors
- Sandra Day O'Connor Institute - Board Member
- Supreme Court of Arizona
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Securities Regulation, Phoenix (2021)
- Corporate Governance Law, Phoenix (2020)
- Corporate Governance Law, Phoenix (2018)
- Corporate Governance Law, Phoenix (2016)
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Phoenix (2015)
- Corporate Governance Law, Phoenix (2013)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Phoenix (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Mutual Funds Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Audit Committees
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business®, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions (2004-2016)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Mergers & Acquisitions (2007-2016)
- Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Attorneys, Corporate Law (2010-2011)
- Lawdragon Top 3000 Leading Lawyers in America (2010-2011)
- BTI Client Service All-Star Team
- University of Notre Dame Exemplar Award for Community Service (1997)
- Judge Learned Hand Community Service Award, American Jewish Committee (2014)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.