Matthew J. Pavlides
Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC
Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Construction
A gifted civil litigator, Matt Pavlides is driven by a desire to help clients in an efficient, responsible fashion “so they can get back to doing what they want to do with their lives.” Matt’s approach to practicing law is defined by his commitment to analyzing the big picture in order to fully understand each component of a case. He strives to place his clients in the best possible position, and keep them fully informed at each step of the way. He prides himself on his accessibility to his clients.
With broad-based experience in business disputes, complex commercial and construction litigation, Matt has worked with clients on matters ranging from commercial matters to much smaller personal ones, working to settle disputes through mediation, arbitration and litigation. He represents contractors, subcontractors and business owners in a wide range of construction litigation.
Matt has broad experience in litigation and arbitration matters in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, South Carolina, Florida and other jurisdictions across the country. Most recently Matt was called upon to represent a global privately held company’s chief executive officer in a shareholder litigation matter in the District of Columbia; a general contractor in defense of a multi-million dollar claim for construction deficiencies in Florida; and a local private company in a shareholder action and counterclaim in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Prior to joining Stein Sperling, Matt was Managing Partner of Miles and Stockbridge’s Rockville office, and served as co-chair of the firm’s 80 lawyer Commercial Litigation Group.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 301-838-3213
- Lawyer Page: https://steinsperling.com/attorneys/matthew-pavlides/
- 1101 Wootton Parkway, Suite 700
Rockville, MD 20852
- College of William & Mary, B.A., graduated 1986
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1989
- Florida, Florida
- Maryland, Maryland
- District of Columbia, DC
- South Carolina, South Carolina
- Bar Association of Montgomery County - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Washington D.C. Bar Association - Member
- Florida State Bar Association - Member
- South Carolina Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Commercial Litigation Division and Construction/Surety Division
- International Concrete Repair Institute - Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
10 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Construction
- Best Lawyers (2018-2020)
- Maryland Super Lawyer (2012-2019)
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer (2012-2019)
- Washington SmartCEO Magazine: "Smart Lawyer" (2008)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent® Rated
- Construction Law
- Government Contracts
- Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.