Matthew Hawke is Special Counsel in Cowell Clarke’s Building, Construction & Infrastructure and Dispute Resolution teams.
Matthew has broad experience in construction advice and disputes (including construction contract drafting and advice), compulsory acquisition disputes, and the construction industry security of payment regimes across Australia.
When not working in the construction space, Matthew supports clients in negotiating or litigating their general contractual, misrepresentation, trade practices and common law claims.
Matthew's extensive background in software development and IT allows him to not only assist clients in managing the legal implications of their developing technologies but bring innovative digital solutions to complex legal matters.
- Building and construction industry dispute resolution.
- Construction contract drafting and negotiation.
- Compulsory acquisition advice.
- Debt recovery, misrepresentation and trade practices claims.
- Corporate insolvency advice, including advancement or defence of unfair preference and insolvent trading claims.
- Software licensing and advice on general information technology contracts and disputes.