Recognized since 1987
Real Estate Law
Matt Gorson currently serves as Co-Chairman of the firm. Prior to this appointment, Matt served the firm as its President. He joined Greenberg Traurig in 1973 as the firm's 14th lawyer, and became one of the most prolific and in-demand real estate attorneys in South Florida. Matt has worked with almost every major developer in the region. His work in the 1990s changed the face of the southern portion of Miami Beach and set the stage for the area's revitalization. During his career, he has also worked with the University of Miami and St. Thomas University on real estate issues and served as special counsel to the City of Miami, Miami-Dade County, and the Miami Art Museum on special projects.
For 15 years, he served as chair of the firm's national Real Estate Practice. In this role, Matt was instrumental in developing the firm's reputation as a real estate powerhouse in each of the communities in which Greenberg Traurig has offices.
Matt focuses his community involvement on areas in which he can make a difference. He led the movement to open a charter school in downtown Miami, where he serves as Chairman. Matt currently serves on the boards and executive committees of Tulane University and United Way of Miami-Dade County. He is also on the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami and is a former board member of New World Symphony, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, the City of Miami Downtown Development Authority, Mt. Sinai Hospital and the 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society. Matt is a founder of both Mt. Sinai Hospital and Baptist Hospital.
Contact & Links
- 333 Southeast Second Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, FL 33131
- Tulane University, BA, graduated 1970
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Baptist Hospital - Founder
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami, Board of Directors - Board Member
- Downtown Miami Charter School - Founder and Chariman
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Board of Governors - Board Member
- Mt. Sinai Hospital - Founder
- Tulane University - Executive Committee and Board Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade - Executive Committee and Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Business Journal, "South Florida Heavy Hitters," Real Estate, 2004
- Who's Who Legal, Real Estate, 2008
- SunPost, "50 Most Influential South Floridians," April 24, 2008
- The Legal 500 United States, 2007, 2009
- Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, 2004-2005, 2007-2008, 2010
- South Florida Business Leader magazine, "Business Leader of the Year Award," Legal Category, 2011
- Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- Chambers USA Guide, every edition, 1990-2013
- The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
- South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyers in South Florida," 2012-2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.