Recognized since 2018
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Matt Hardin is a second-generation attorney who grew up in Cookeville, Tennessee. He attended Rhodes College as an undergraduate before going on to obtain both his master’s and law degrees from the University of Tennessee. Matt’s practice is focused in the areas of plaintiff personal injury, car & tractor trailer wrecks, wrongful death, medical malpractice and premises liability. He practices law throughout all three grand divisions of the state of Tennessee and in Kentucky. He is the owner of Matt Hardin Law, PLLC.
Matt currently serves as Immediate Past President of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA). He has previously held positions as President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian within the TTLA. Matt is currently a Trustee for LIFT (Lawyers Involved for Tennessee). He is a member of the American Association for Justice, Nashville Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, Kentucky Bar Association and Kentucky Justice Association. Matt is the former President of the Nashville Chapter of the Rhodes College Alumni Group. He is also former President of the Board of Directors for his fraternity Alpha Tau Omega’s chapter at Rhodes College.
Matt has earned AV Preeminent® certification by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers® and has been named among the “10 Best in Tennessee” for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. He is also a Mid-South Superlawyer and he is a Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation. Matt is also an Eagle Scout.
Prior to opening his own firm, Matt was a partner at Rudy, Wood, Winstead, Williams and Hardin, PLLC. He also previously practiced at Gullett, Sanford, Robinson & Martin PLLC in Nashville and at Thomason, Hendrix, Harvey, Johnson &; Mitchell, PLLC in Memphis. Matt worked for five years as an insurance defense attorney before he concentrated his practice on representing plaintiffs. This background has given him valuable insight on how insurance companies evaluate and value cases.
Matt and his wife, Janet, are active members of West End United Methodist Church in Nashville, where Matt currently serves on the finance committee. Janet works as the Executive Director of Matt Hardin Law. She has a chemical engineering degree from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA from Belmont University. Matt and Janet are proud parents to Henry, Grace, and Vivian.
Matt enjoys his children’s many sports activities, as well as college football, college basketball, professional tennis and the Kentucky Derby. Matt loves boating at Center Hill Lake with his family and is always on the hunt for the perfect southern barbeque.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.matthardinlaw.com
- 207 Twenty-Third Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203
- 130 Hillcrest Drive, Suite 303
Clarksville, TN 37043
- 224 West Gay Street, Suite 200
Lebanon, TN 37087
- 2501 Crossings Boulevard, Suite 216
Bowling Green, KY 42104
- The University of Tennessee, M.S., graduated 1996
- The University of Tennessee , J.D., graduated 2001
- Rhodes College, B.A., graduated 1994
- Tennessee, 2001
- Kentucky, 2018
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association - Immediate Past President
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association - President
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association - Vice President
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association - Circle of Advocates
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association - Membership Chair
- Nashville Bar Association - Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Justice Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Trucking Trial Lawyers Top 10
- AV Preeminent® certification by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Nashville Super Lawyers®
- Tennessee Super Lawyers®
- “10 Best in Tennessee” for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.