Partner of Carey and co-head of the Insurance and Reinsurance / Customs and International Trade / Government Procurement Groups. His practice focuses mainly on the insurance and reinsurance industry, customs and international trade, government procurement, international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, and commercial and corporate advisory services.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Insurance Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (since 2017).
- Member of the Chilean section of the International Insurance Law Association, AIDA.
- International Purchasing Group Intern, Heidelberg Cement, Germany (2009).
- Insurance brokers claims consultant, Waterloo Brokers, South Africa (2008-2007).
- In-house counsel, Rabobank Chile.
- Co-author of "The Insurance Agreement and Similar Agreements", Revista Chilena Derecho Seguros, 2016. AIDA Chile (2017).
- Co-author of "Possible Transpacific Partnership Implications for Chilean International Trade", Global Trade and Customs Journal (2016).
- Contributor to Benchmarking Public Procurement, Assessing Public Procurement Systems in 77 Economies, World Bank (2016).
- Contributor to Benchmarking Public Procurement, Pilot Report Assessing Public Procurement Systems in 10 Economies, World Bank (2015).
- Co-author of "Amendment to Self-Accusation Regulations in the Customs Ordinance", The Year in Review (2015).
- Co-author of The New Insurance Agreement Act. The Year in Review, ABA/Section of International Law. Latin America and the Caribbean (2014).
- Author of several articles of insurance law, corporate issues, energy, natural resources, labor law and other regulation matters, published in "Legal Development in Latin America" and "The Year in Review", American Bar Association.