Recognized since 2023
Litigation - Municipal
For over 23 years, Mary has effectively and enthusiastically worked with her clients to represent their legal needs. Along with the innate ability to gain an understanding of her client’s needs, perhaps the greatest gift to her clients is the dedication and support she provides throughout the legal process. Mary creates a strategic approach to representing clients based on her experience and knowledge and then effectively uses her legal skills and ability to gain the most beneficial outcomes possible.
Mary is the City Attorney for the City of Birmingham, the City of Orchard Lake Village, and the Village of Lake Orion. She also concentrates her practice in the areas of criminal prosecutions, criminal defense, and victim advocacy. Mary prosecutes ordinance violations for the City of Birmingham, the City of Orchard Lake Village, and the Village of Lake Orion.
Mary graduated from the University of Detroit, Cum Laude where she received the Jerome P. Cavanaugh Academic Scholarship and a member of the Order of Barristers. Mary was also first in her class at Detroit Nursing School. Mary is a proud member of the 2017 class of “Women in the Law” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and Oakland County Bar Association.
Mary enjoys contributing to her community as she has served on the Oakland County Mental Health Authority Board, active in her church community, an Oakland County Bar Association Inns of Court mentor, and contributed to the District Court Bench-Bar conference.
Mary lectures yearly at local high schools regarding laws involving alcohol, drugs, and minors. She is also a frequent speaker to community groups relating to under-age substance abuse. She also speaks to police officers with various changes in the law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bhlaw.us.com/attorneys/mary-m-kucharek/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3001 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 600
Troy, MI 48084
- University of Detroit Mercy , J.D., graduated 1992
- University of Detroit Mercy, Bachelor of Science Nursing, graduated 1988
- Macomb Community College, School of Nursing, graduated 1982
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association
- District Court Bench Bar Conference - Participant
- Oakland County Bar Association Inns of Court - Mentor
- Oakland County Mental Health Authority - Board Member
- Michigan, 1992
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Municipal
- Inducted into the Marquis Who's Who Biographical Registry 2022
- Member of the 2017 class of "Women in the Law" by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- Named 2021 "Notable Women in Law" by Crain's Detroit Business
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.