Mary A. Salamone has dedicated her over-three-decade career exclusively to the area of construction law and has acquired an in-depth knowledge regarding all aspects of both public and private construction projects and disputes. Her practice encompasses a wide array of construction industry matters such as alternative project delivery methods, competitive bidding, contract drafting, project management and contract administration, scheduling and delay issues, change orders, cost overruns, mechanics lien, stop payment notice and bond rights, risk management, and claims resolution. Ms. Salamone has handled multi-million dollar disputes on high profile, complex construction projects and achieved favorable settlements and judgments on behalf of her clients.
Ms. Salamone has been retained by various counties, municipalities and other governmental agencies to assist in their construction-related disputes and in the development of their contract documents. These governmental entities include the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District, the Cities of Anaheim, Burbank, Downey, Glendale, Long Beach, Pasadena, and Reno (Nevada), the Counties of Sonoma and San Bernardino, San Bernardino Associated Governments and Santa Barbara County Association of Governments.
She has also represented some of the largest contractors and designers, both in California and nationally, in claims arising from major construction projects, including the John Wayne Airport, Metro Red Line Rail Stations, Hyperion Wastewater Treatment Plant, Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Convention Hotel and Residences at LA Live, and State Farm Stadium (formerly known as University of Phoenix Stadium). Her understanding of these disputes from the perspective of both the owner and the contractor uniquely enables her to reach cost-effective and sensible resolutions.
Ms. Salamone's recent honors and recognitions include:
- Named Best Lawyers' 2019 "Lawyer of the Year" in Construction Litigation in Orange County.
- Named to Best Lawyers’ Best Lawyers in America list since 2018.
- Repeatedly ranked by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the field of Construction Law.
- Recipient of the AV® Preeminent™ rating with LexisNexis/Martindale Hubbell, a prestigious rating is given to just 2% of lawyers in the country.
- Named a Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only international honorary association of lawyers who have a proven record of excellence in construction law at both the trial and appellate levels.
- Selected as a Fellow by the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society limited to the top .5% of trial lawyers.
- Panel member for the American Arbitration Association for Large, Complex Construction Disputes for 25 years.
Ms. Salamone's practice areas include:
- Construction claims and litigation
- Facilities, construction, real estate, and business
- Real property
- J.D., Cornell Law School
- B.A., University of Rochester