Martin G. Burkett
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers and Acquisitions Law
Location:Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 110098 Southeast Seventh StreetMiami, FL 33131
- Williams College, BA, graduated 1992
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Williams College, South Florida Alumni Association - President
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Daily Business Review, 2007, Named "Top Dealmaker of the Year"
- South Florida Legal Guide 2010, Listed as Top Up and Comer, Corporate
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers 2014, Listed for Healthcare
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers 2012, 2015, Listed for Corporate and Business
- The Legal 500 2013-2016, Recommended for Mergers, Acquisitions & Buyouts: M&A National Middle Market
Areas of Expertise:
- Private Equity
- ACG South Florida, Panelist, "Annual Update: Investing in Health Care Businesses 2013," September 19, 2013
- ACG Florida Capital Connection Conference, Moderator, "M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets Update," Key Biscayne, November 2011
- Akerman M&A Roundtable Series, Panelist, "M&A, Private Equity, and Capital Markets Update," Boca Raton, Jacksonville, 2012
- Akerman M&A Roundtable Series, Speaker, "Legal Perspective on the State of the M&A Markets," Miami, 2010
- Representation of Travelpro International, Inc., based in Boca Raton, Florida and a category leader in the production of premium quality luggage and brand recognition amongst the highest in the industry, in the sale of its assets to MidOcean Partners, a premier middle market private equity firm. MidOcean also acquired the assets of Travelpro International, Inc.'s sister company, Holiday Group, Inc. Together, they form the Travelpro Group, a leading marketer and supplier of luggage, assorted bags, and travel accessories sold predominantly in the United States and Canada.
- Represented Purchaser, Kilroy Capital, LLC in its acquisition of a majority of the outstanding capital stock of Iowa Northern Railway Company, LLC (INRC), a short line railway located in the Midwest that primarily serves the renewable fuels and renewable energy industries. INRC has multiple facilities in operation for transloading services.
- Representation of Simply Healthcare Plans in connection with its sale to Anthem.
- Representation of Navarro Discount Pharmacy in connection with its sale to CVS Caremark.
- Representation of Choose Digital, a digital supply chain of music, videos and e-books for loyalty programs, in its sale to Viggle.
- Representation of BPI Sports, a formulator and marketer of sport nutritional products, in an equity investment by Pine Tree Equity Partners.
- Representation of Continucare Corp., a provider of physician services, in its sale to Metropolitan Health Networks, Inc.
- Representation of Lakeview Health Systems, a substance abuse treatment facility, in sale to Trinity Hunt Partners.
- Representation of Metropolitan Health Networks in the sale of affiliated sleep centers to Medbridge Capital.
- Representation of 154th Street Medical Plaza and 54th Street Medical Plaza, full-service medical centers, in sale to CAC-Florida Medical Centers.
- Representation of Continucare Corp. in a series of sleep clinic acquisitions.
- Representation of MBF Healthcare Partners in sale of Medical Specialties Distributors, a portfolio company and distributor of durable medical equipment.
- Representation of Simply Healthcare Plans, a portfolio company of MBF Healthcare Partners, in its simultaneous acquisitions of Total Health Choice, Inc, a Medicaid health maintenance organization, and Better Health, LLC, a provider service network.
- Representation of MBF Healthcare Partners in its acquisition of OMNI Home Care, a leading provider of skilled nursing and therapy home healthcare services.
- Representation of The Comvest Group in its acquisition of Cynergy Data, Inc., a provider of credit card processing and other merchant services.
- Representation of The Comvest Group in its acquisition of Vesdia Corporation, a provider of loyalty marketing services to financial institutions, affinity groups and merchants.
- Representation of FriendFinder Networks Inc. in acquisition of Jigocity's daily deal websites, operating in North America, South America, Asia, and Australia.
- Representation of FriendFinder Networks Inc. in acquisition of Perfect Match dating website.
- Representation of RedZone Capital Partners in acquisition of Johnny Rockets restaurant chain.
- Representation of Kitson & Partners in acquisition of the Babcock Florida Company, which constituted one of the largest land transfers in the history of Florida.
- Representation of Enterprise Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its acquisition by ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc.
- Representation of Maplewood Partners in connection with acquisitions of Uncle Julio's and Tia's Restaurant chains.
- Representation of shareholders of Physicians Healthcare Plans and CarePlus Health Plans in divestitures valued in excess of $600 million.
- Representation of general partner of MBF Healthcare Partners in connection with fund formation and raising capital commitments in the hundreds of millions.
- Representation of Kitson & Partners in structuring joint ventures valued in the hundreds of millions.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 Northwest Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 47th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
601 Poydras Street, Suite 2200
New Orleans, LA 70130
1635 Village Center Circle, Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89134
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
500 West Second Street, Suite 1900
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
112 East Pecan Street, Suite 2750
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 725
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703