In his trial career, spanning more than 39 years, Marty Rose has tried scores of cases in state and federal courts all over the country. His experience has shown that when the opposition knows you are prepared to try the case — and will try it if a favorable settlement is not achieved — that threat works to his clients’ advantage.
Marty has tried complex cases in 14 states. He has resolved other complex litigation, short of trial, in 47 states, as well as in Europe, South America and Asia. Marty’s docket reflects his preference for the unique challenges of high-stakes litigation. A significant portion of his work involves cases where the firm has been hired as replacement counsel to turn around a troubled lawsuit. At the same time, he has been involved in numerous cases whose stakes reflected “bet the company” risks to his client.
Marty is a pilot with ratings in helicopters and light fixed-wing aircraft.
Litigation of complex, high-risk cases encompassing:
- Tort-personal injury and wrongful death cases involving commercial and private aircraft disasters, transportation accidents and product liability claims
- Commercial disputes including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud
- Intellectual property including trade secrets, trademark infringement and patent infringement
The majority of Marty’s experience has been in technical cases requiring in-depth knowledge of the following industries:
- Chemistry/chemical engineering
- Metallurgy and forging
- Mechanical engineering
Admitted to Practice
- All state courts in Texas, California and Colorado
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- 5th, 6th, 9th and 10th U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Courts of Texas and California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit