Recognized since 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Defamation and Media Law
Director and Officer Liability Practice
Marko practices civil and commercial litigation with a focus on class actions, defamation, securities litigation, copyright, product liability cases, and commercial arbitrations. He has appeared as lead counsel before the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, at all levels of court in British Columbia, and as defence counsel before the British Columbia Securities Commission. Marko was the head of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group at Lawson Lundell.
Marko is a regular commentator on legal affairs on CBC television, CBC radio, CKNW radio, News 1130, the Vancouver Sun, the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, BC Business magazine, Lexpert magazine, and Canadian Corporate Counsel magazine.
Marko is also a regular contributor to Lawson Lundell’s Western Canada Business Litigation Blog, a resource that examines current trends and interesting issues emerging in the legal and business communities.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lawsonlundell.com/team-Marko-Vesely
- Cathedral Place, Suite 1600
925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
- British Columbia, 2000
- Saskatchewan, 2005
- Alberta, 2015
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Vancouver Bar Association - Member
76 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
19 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada™ awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Defamation and Media Law
- Director and Officer Liability Practice
- Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2016: recognized as a Litigation Star for General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Defamation and Media and Entertainment litigation in British Columbia
- Chambers Global 2015: recognized in the Dispute Resolution (British Columbia) category
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada (2011): recognized as a “Litigation Lawyer to Watch"
- Lexpert Rising Star Award (2010): recognized as one of Canada’s Leading Lawyers under 40
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory: BV Peer Review rated
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Corporate and Commercial Litigation and Defamation and Media law
- Legal 500 Canada: recommended in the editorial for Dispute resolution and Technology, media and telecoms
- Chambers Canada: recognized in the Dispute Resolution (British Columbia) category
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.