Recognized since 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Mark is a State and Federal Court Approved General Civil Mediator, with regular appointments by the Kent County Circuit Court and the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan. He has extensive representative experience handling claims in excess of one million dollars and has handled some of the largest (30 million plus) and longest (eight week jury trial) cases in Kent County history. Mark assists clients in developing policies, procedures and documents that address not only their internal operations but their dealings with customers and vendors so that they can focus on their core business rather than the legal consequences of their activities. He frequently lectures on topics including alternative dispute resolution, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, whistle-blower and retaliation claims, construction liens, public and private sector construction contract terms.
Contact & Links
- 55 Campau Avenue, NW, Suite 300
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Western Michigan University, B.B.A., graduated 1978
- Kellogg Community College, A.A., graduated 1976
- Michigan, Michigan, U.S. Federal District Court - Western District of Michigan, U.S. Federal District Court - Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals - Tenth Circuit, U.S. Tax Court
- Wisconsin, U.S. Federal District Court of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association - Member
- Grand Rapids Bar Association - Current Member & Past President, Past Vice President, Past Secretary and Past Trustee
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- The SOURCE - Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Martindale Hubbell Preeminent AV Rating
- Community Media Center, 2006 Media Access Leadership Award
- Leading LawyersSM
- Grand Rapids Bar Association President's Award, 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.