Recognized since 2006
Mark is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group. He has three decades of experience advising the insurance industry on corporate, regulatory and transactional matters. He has represented a wide range of clients in complex, high-profile matters, including insurance holding companies, insurers, producers, agents and brokers, and managing general agents. He also advises non-traditional sellers of insurance on insurance programs, including trade associations, retailers, banks and savings associations, and leasing and finance companies.
Mark has handled significant acquisitions and sales of insurers and brokers and acquisitions and sales of books of insurance business through reinsurance and other arrangements. He has the flexibility to efficiently handle unique and more unusual matters, from establishing a pet insurance program to the establishment of a private health insurance exchange. He also works regularly with issuers of extended warranties and service contracts, captive insurers and risk retention groups/risk purchasing groups, and specialty program managing general agents.
Before joining Freeborn, Mark was a Partner at Dewey & LeBoeuf and before that, a Partner in the Corporate Insurance Group at Locke Lord LLP.
Mark is a member of the Transportation and Insurance and Reinsurance Industry Teams. He focuses on insurance matters, helping companies involved in the transportation sector with regulatory and other issues relating to structuring insurance programs and creating and managing captive insurers.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.freeborn.com/people/mark-r-goodman
- 311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3000
Chicago, IL 60606
- University of Notre Dame , J.D.
- University of Northern Iowa, BA
- Illinois State Bar Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Insurance Law
- Insurance Insolvency
- Best Lawyers in America - Insurance - 2017 (cited in multiple years)
- Illinois Super Lawyers - 2015 (cited in multiple years)
- Chambers-USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory - 2016 (cited in multiple years)
- International Who's Who of Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.