Mark L. Mann practices in business tax matters, including corporate tax, partnership, real estate, executive compensation, sales and use tax and property tax. Mark also has experience in federal and state controversies, transactional matters and general tax planning for businesses and individuals. He is a Certified Public Accountant in Illinois.
- Handled successful federal income tax audit for a financial services company with revenues exceeding US$1 billion
- Handled successful appeal of California Franchise Tax Board denial of deductions arising out of equipment leases
- Handled appeal of Internal Revenue Service assessment of approximately US$25 million reduced to approximately US$364,000
- Structured taxable and tax free corporate reorganizations
- Structured reorganization of real estate partnership to allow recognition of US$40 million in losses
- Handled property tax assessment appeals for 200-unit apartment complex and golf course/resort complex