Recognized since 2011
Real Estate Law
Mark Murakami is a partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Real Estate, Land Use & Hospitality Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial real estate development and operations with an emphasis on purchases and sales of property, retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development agreements, dedication of infrastructure projects to governmental authorities, real estate subdivisions, and easements. He has extensive experience in Land Court (Torrens System) matters. He was selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 for Real Estate Law; he has been listed since 2011. Mark is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Real Estate.
James Campbell Company and Affiliates
Lead counsel on development transactions, purchase and sales transactions, commercial leasing, and infrastructure projects in the City of Kapolei and surrounding region. Recent negotiations include projects involving development budgets ranging from $50 million to $100 million.?
Practice? focus is complex commercial real estate transactions, all phases of?development, including acquisition, entitlement fulfillment, infrastructure planning, construction and dedication of infrastructure, and real estate purchases and sales; retail and office lease negotiation and administration, multi-party development agreements, and subdivisions.?
Extensive experience in Land Court (Torrens System) judicial and non-judicial matters.
- Chief Justice Herman T.F. Lum (Retired/Deceased), Supreme Court, State of Hawaii
- 2017 Oahu Real Property Tax Advisory Commission, Commissioner
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Real Estate; listed since 2015
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 for Real Estate Law; listed since 2011
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Commissioner, State of Hawaii Commission on Access to Justice (2016 to 2017)
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Board Member (2015 to present); Board Member (2008 to 2015)
- Permanent Committee on Land Court Matters, Member (2016 to present)
- Better Business Bureau of Hawaii Foundation, Board Chair (2015 to 2017); Board Member (2008 to 2015)
- Better Business Bureau of Hawai`i, Board Member (1999 to 2008); Board Chair (2004 to 2006)
- Feed the Hunger Foundation Board Member (2011 to present)
- Boys and Girls Club (Spalding Clubhouse), Board Member (2012 to present)
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.carlsmith.com/pages/mark-k-murakami
- 1001 Bishop Street, Suite 2100
Honolulu, HI 96813
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, BBA, with distinction
- Hawaii, Hawaii State Bar
- 2017 Oahu Real Property Tax Advisory Commission - Commissioner
- Better Business Bureau of Hawaii Foundation - Board Chair 2015 to 2017; Board Member 2008 to 2015
- Boys and Girls Club (Spalding Clubhouse) - Board Member, 2011 to Present
- Feed the Hunger Foundation - Board Member 2011 to Present
- Hawaii State Bar Association - Board Member 2015 to Present
- Permanent Committee on Land Court Matters - Member, 2016 to Present
- State of Hawaii Commission on Access to Justice - Commissioner, 2016 to 2017
- United States, U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 for Real Estate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.