Recognized since 2003
Charlotte, North Carolina
Health Care Law
Litigation - Antitrust
Mark Horoschak has represented most of the national health systems and many regional health systems in a variety of capacities. Mark regularly appears before federal and state antitrust enforcement agencies in securing clearance for mergers, joint ventures and other transactions. He has also served as counsel for health systems throughout the country in antitrust litigation involving managed care contracting, medical staff privileges, economic credentialing, physician recruitment practices, nurse salary determinations, and exclusive provider arrangements.
Mark is recognized in Chambers USA in Band 1 as a leading lawyer for Antitrust and Healthcare. He served as the chair of the North Carolina Bar Association Antitrust Section in 2001-2002. He has also held numerous leadership positions within the Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association and was recognized for his contributions to ABA publications on antitrust issues in healthcare.
Prior to private practice, Mark worked for the Federal Trade Commission, where he served as the assistant director of the Bureau of Competition. In that capacity, he was responsible for antitrust enforcement policy governing healthcare provider systems and served as trial counsel in two lawsuits that successfully challenged hospital mergers. Prior to that position, Mark served as an attorney advisor for the chairman of the Federal Trade Commission and as chief-of-staff for the agency during the transition between the Reagan and Bush administrations.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bradley.com/people/h/horoschak-mark-j
- Truist Center, Suite 3700
214 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
- College of William & Mary, J.D., graduated 1976
- American University, B.A., graduated 1973
- American Health Law Association - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Antitrust, Charlotte (2022)
- Antitrust Law, Charlotte (2019)
- Litigation - Antitrust, Charlotte (2018)
- Antitrust Law, Charlotte (2017)
- Litigation - Antitrust, Charlotte (2016)
- Antitrust Law, Charlotte (2015)
- Litigation - Antitrust, Charlotte (2014)
- Antitrust Law, Charlotte (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Health Care Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.