Recognized since 2001
Roseland, New Jersey
Mr. Sobel concentrates his practice in litigation, primarily in the area of family law and with an emphasis on the representation of high net-worth individuals. He provides counsel across all aspects of family law, including prenuptial agreements, separation and divorce proceedings, the distribution of property and other marital assets, spousal and child support, custody and relocation. Mr. Sobel represents clients at trial, in mediations and arbitrations, and at post judgment modification and enforcement hearings. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney.
Mr. Sobel’s experience also encompasses complex civil litigation, with a particular focus on sophisticated and high value business-related disputes. He is involved in a variety of charitable activities, including supervision of pro bono litigation supported by the firm. His pro bono work has included representation of the New Jersey State Bar Association before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Mr. Sobel lectures frequently on family law topics and has served as moderator of the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s Annual Family Law Summer Institute since 2004.
Contact & Links
- 75 Livingston Avenue
Roseland, NJ 07068-3701
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., graduated 1978
- George Washington University, BA, graduated 1975
- New Jersey, NJ - 1978
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Essex County Bar Association - Member; former member, Judicial Appointments Committee
- New Jersey Family Lawyer - Chair Emeritus and former Editor-in-Chief
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Family Law Section: Member Emeritus; Executive Committee; past Section Chair; past Chair, Alimony and Child Support Sub-Committee
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on General Practices and Procedures - Member
- New Jersey Supreme Court Special Committee to Revise Matrimonial Law - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Newark (2016)
- Family Law, Newark (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Recipient of the Tischler Award, the Family Law Section’s Lifetime Achievement Award, from New Jersey State Bar Association (2009)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.