- Temple University , J.D., graduated 1983
- Temple University, BBA, graduated 1980
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Member
- Take Stock in Children, Palm Beach County - Board Member, Chair (2009-2011)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Construction, West Palm Beach (2021)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, West Palm Beach (2020)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, West Palm Beach (2019)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2019)
- Litigation - Real Estate, West Palm Beach (2018)
- Litigation - Construction, West Palm Beach (2017)
- Construction Law, West Palm Beach (2016)
- Litigation - Construction, West Palm Beach (2015)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, West Palm Beach (2013)
- Litigation - Real Estate, West Palm Beach (2012)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Litigation, 2005
- Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
- "West Palm Beach Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law; Securities Law, 2012
- Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- Class Actions
Lawyer Practice Areas
Lawyer Case History
Areas of Concentration
- Complex commercial litigation and business disputes
- Products liability, labor and employment matters, including discrimination and statutory claims
- Securities litigation - class action and derivative cases
- Construction litigation
- Represented a leading company in dietary supplements and its founder in proceedings taken by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) seeking damages exceeding $25 million dollars. The company and its founder prevailed.
- Represented major Tobacco Company in product liability litigation pending throughout Florida, including jury trial.
- Product liability defense of national manufacturers of consumer products in significant litigation, both individual and class actions.
- Represents public and private clients in all types of complex commercial litigation, products liability, and real estate matters such as a recent trial to enforce a contract to purchase over 20,000 acres of real property.
- Represented major condominium developer in connection with FDUTPA investigation and litigation arising out of the real estate collapse.
- Represented owners and operators of condominium hotel projects in several counties in litigation by unit owners trying to restructure the projects.
- Represented developer of condo hotel project in Panama in RICO action filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented company responsible for toll collection operations on the Florida Turnpike in civil rights action through appeal in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented large financial institution as lead trial counsel in class action jury trial asserting damage claim in excess of $50 million.
- Represented publicly traded major consumer products manufacturer in securities litigation in various shareholder and derivative actions with damage claims exceeding $100 million.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in contract disputes with former Chairman of the Board.
- Represented senior officers and directors of public companies in SEC investigations.
- Defended Fortune 100 Company in Section 16(b) litigation alleging short-swing profits of $34 million.
- As member of legal team, represented George W. Bush and Dick Cheney in Florida Presidential litigation arising out of 2004 Presidential Election.
- Represented major health insurer in numerous state and federal lawsuits involving ERISA and other HMO related matters.
- Represented major employers in all types of employee disputes, including discrimination, ADA, FLSA claims in federal and state courts throughout Florida, as well as in EEOC investigations.
- Represented major home builders and developers including Technical Olympics U.S.A. (f/k/a Engle Homes), Center Homes, Toll Brothers, Inc and GL Homes in all types of construction, development, land acquisition and homeowner disputes.
- Represented national developers such as The Goodman Company (thirteen story office tower and accompanying garage; Lazovitz, Inc (dispute involving the construction of two nursing home facilities in Dade County and an adult apartment complex); Yale Properties (luxury high-rise beachfront condominiums); Cigna Insurance Company as surety, (Manatee County prisons); KRAVCO, Inc. (regional shopping malls); and Mellon Bank (condominium defect litigation involving 670 condominium units).
- Represented clients with probate matters including - will construction, contested claims, and disputes between and among personal representatives, including corporate fiduciaries.