- Temple University, J.D., graduated 1983
- Temple University, BBA, graduated 1980
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Member
- Take Stock in Children, Palm Beach County - Board Member, Chair (2009-2011)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Real Estate, West Palm Beach (2018)
- Litigation - Construction, West Palm Beach (2017)
- Construction Law, West Palm Beach (2016)
- Litigation - Construction, West Palm Beach (2015)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, West Palm Beach (2013)
- Litigation - Real Estate, West Palm Beach (2012)
- Litigation - Securities, West Palm Beach (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
- Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Litigation, 2005
- Law360 "Product Liability Practice Group of the Year," 2011
- "West Palm Beach Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law; Securities Law, 2012
- Law360 "Employment Practice Group of the Year," 2013
- Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
Areas of Expertise:
- Class Actions
381 Huaihai Zhong Road
86 21 6391 6633
Potsdamer Platz 1
49 30 700 171 100
One Azrieli Center, Round Tower, 30th floor
132 Menachem Begin
Tel Aviv 67021
972 3 636 6000
14F, Meiji Yasuda Seimei Building
81 3 4510 2200
Paseo de la Reforma No. 265 PH1
México, D.F. 06500
52 55 5029 0000
P.O. Box 75306
Amsterdam 1070 AH
31 20 301 7300
Stock Exchange Building
ul. Książęca 4
48 22 690 6100
Seoul Finance Center, 23F
84 Taepyeongno 1-ga
Seoul, Jung-gu 100-768
82 (0) 2 369 1000
The Shard, Level 8
32 London Bridge Street
London SE1 9SG
44 203 349 8700
2375 East Camelback Road, Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85016
1900 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92612-4410
1840 Century Park East, Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90067
1201 K Street, Suite 1100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 3000
San Francisco, CA 94111-5983
The Tabor Center, Suite 2400
1200 Seventeenth Street
Denver, CO 80202
The Nemours Building, Suite 1200
1007 North Orange Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
2101 L Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20037
5100 Town Center Circle, Suite 400
Boca Raton, FL 33486
401 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 2000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
333 Southeast Second Avenue, Suite 4400
Miami, FL 33131
450 South Orange Avenue, Suite 650
Orlando, FL 32801
101 East College Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301
101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 1900
Tampa, FL 33602
777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 300 East
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Terminus 200, Suite 2500
3333 Piedmont Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
One International Place, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02110
3773 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 400 North
Las Vegas, NV 89169
500 Campus Drive, Suite 400
Florham Park, NJ 07932-0677
54 State Street, Sixth Floor
Albany, NY 12207
445 Hamilton Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Two Commerce Square, Suite 2700
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
300 West Sixth Street, Suite 2050
Austin, TX 78701
2200 Ross Avenue, Suite 5200
Dallas, TX 75201
1000 Louisiana Street, Suite 1700
Houston, TX 77002
1750 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 1000
McLean, VA 22102
Attorney Case History
Areas of Concentration
- Complex commercial litigation and business disputes
- Products liability, labor and employment matters, including discrimination and statutory claims
- Securities litigation - class action and derivative cases
- Construction litigation
- Represented a leading company in dietary supplements and its founder in proceedings taken by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) seeking damages exceeding $25 million dollars. The company and its founder prevailed.
- Represented major Tobacco Company in product liability litigation pending throughout Florida, including jury trial.
- Product liability defense of national manufacturers of consumer products in significant litigation, both individual and class actions.
- Represents public and private clients in all types of complex commercial litigation, products liability, and real estate matters such as a recent trial to enforce a contract to purchase over 20,000 acres of real property.
- Represented major condominium developer in connection with FDUTPA investigation and litigation arising out of the real estate collapse.
- Represented owners and operators of condominium hotel projects in several counties in litigation by unit owners trying to restructure the projects.
- Represented developer of condo hotel project in Panama in RICO action filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented company responsible for toll collection operations on the Florida Turnpike in civil rights action through appeal in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented large financial institution as lead trial counsel in class action jury trial asserting damage claim in excess of $50 million.
- Represented publicly traded major consumer products manufacturer in securities litigation in various shareholder and derivative actions with damage claims exceeding $100 million.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in contract disputes with former Chairman of the Board.
- Represented senior officers and directors of public companies in SEC investigations.
- Defended Fortune 100 Company in Section 16(b) litigation alleging short-swing profits of $34 million.
- As member of legal team, represented George W. Bush and Dick Cheney in Florida Presidential litigation arising out of 2004 Presidential Election.
- Represented major health insurer in numerous state and federal lawsuits involving ERISA and other HMO related matters.
- Represented major employers in all types of employee disputes, including discrimination, ADA, FLSA claims in federal and state courts throughout Florida, as well as in EEOC investigations.
- Represented major home builders and developers including Technical Olympics U.S.A. (f/k/a Engle Homes), Center Homes, Toll Brothers, Inc and GL Homes in all types of construction, development, land acquisition and homeowner disputes.
- Represented national developers such as The Goodman Company (thirteen story office tower and accompanying garage; Lazovitz, Inc (dispute involving the construction of two nursing home facilities in Dade County and an adult apartment complex); Yale Properties (luxury high-rise beachfront condominiums); Cigna Insurance Company as surety, (Manatee County prisons); KRAVCO, Inc. (regional shopping malls); and Mellon Bank (condominium defect litigation involving 670 condominium units).
- Represented clients with probate matters including - will construction, contested claims, and disputes between and among personal representatives, including corporate fiduciaries.