Recognized since 2001
Mark Sims practices in the business representation & transactions practice group and works primarily in the federal income tax, business planning and healthcare areas. Mark's federal tax practice involves individual, corporate, S corporation and partnership tax planning, including executive compensation and like kind exchanges. He advises clients regarding the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Mark also represents clients on matters before the IRS and state tax agencies. Additionally, he has significant experience focusing on tax issues related to the formation and operation of tax exempt organizations.
Mark serves in a general counsel role for a number of closely held businesses and represents purchasers and sellers of businesses and business interests. His healthcare practice concentrates on business and tax issues facing healthcare providers, including representing physician groups in structuring and selling medical practices. Mark also has extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating physician employment agreements.
Mark has been an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law and speaks frequently on tax and healthcare related issues.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.kmklaw.com/professionals-Mark_Sims
- One East Fourth Street, Suite 1400
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- University of Florida , LL.M Taxation, graduated 1981
- University of Florida, graduated 1981
- University of Cincinnati College of Law , JD, graduated 1980
- University of Cincinnati , graduated 1977
- University of Cincinnati, BBA, graduated 1977
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- Florida, The Florida Bar
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Tax Law
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- Tax Planning
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.