Mark D. Passler
Recognized in:Patent Law
Law School:University of Miami School of Law
Location:West Tower, Suite 1100777 South Flagler DriveWest Palm Beach, FL 33401
- University of Massachusetts, MS, graduated 1998
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, graduated 1995
- University of Texas , BBA, graduated 1992
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- Texas, Texas State Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Armed Forces
- Federal Circuit Bar Association - Member
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) - Member
- International Trademark Association - Member
- The Florida Bar, Entertainment & Sports Law Section - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Patent Law
- Florida Trend 2006, Listed in the "Legal Elite"
- South Florida Business Journal 2009, Key Partner Award, Intellectual Property and Technology
- Daily Business Review, 2014 and 2015 Litigation Department of the Year for Intellectual Property, Member
- World Trademark Review 1000, Named a Recommended Expert, 2015
- 2016 INTA Annual Meeting, Moderator, "Free Speech and Trademark Law: A Survey of Recent and Relevant Cases from United States, Japan and Norway Concerning Speech, Expression and Trademark Protection," May 22, 2016
- 27th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports & IP Law Summit, Moderator, "Patent Litigation," November 2015
- 26th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports & IP Law Summit, Moderator, "Patenting Entertainment-Based Technology," November 2014
- 25th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports and Intellectual Property Law Conference, Speaker, "Don't Get Burned - Due Diligence and Audits in Licensing and Transactions," November, 2013
- Daily Business Review, Co-Author, "Startups Must Consider Protecting for Thier Top Asset," November 2013
- Representation of a world-renowned multi-platinum recording artist in connection with its reunion tour and new studio album, including the negotiation of numerous contractual agreements, and the policing of its trademark rights.
- Representation of a professional sports organization before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office in connection with the enforcement of its trademark rights, and internationally in connection with more than a dozen trademark infringement matters.
- Representation involving settlement of a complex patent infringement suit relating to chemical products and methods.
- Representation of a financial institution in connection with the loan of more than $10 million dollars to acquire a music publishing catalog.
- Representation involving assisting several clients with the establishment of independent record labels, one of which is owned by an international corporation that is a leader in the entertainment industry.
- Representation of a company in connection with the acquisition of a restaurant chain for more than $250 million dollars.
- Representation including filing patent applications for actors and recording artists in the music and motion picture industry, including applications relating to new systems of delivering content, and new systems for tracking audience preferences.
- Representation involving a company in connection with the acquisition of a television production copyright and trademark assets for several hundred million dollars.
- Representation involving enforcement of trademark rights for a sports industry client against several Fortune 100 companies.
- Representation including managing the worldwide intellectual property portfolios of numerous clients in the service, consumer products, sports and entertainment, biomedical, pharmaceutical and other technological industries.
- Representation involving settlement of a federal trademark suit for a client enforcing its color trademark rights.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
251 Royal Palm Way, Suite 215
Palm Beach, FL 33480
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 46th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
Pan-American Life Center, Suite 2200
601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
1160 Town Center Drive, Suite 330
Las Vegas, NV 89144
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
700 Lavaca Street, Suite 1400
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
Weston Centre, Suite 2750
112 East Pecan Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 950
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703