Recognized in:Tax LawTrusts and Estates
Location:1000, rue De La Gauchetière OuestBureau 2100Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
- Quebec, Barreau du Québec
- Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) - Member
- Association du Barreau du Québec - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Trusts and Estates, Montréal (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Who’s Who Legal: International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada’s Leading Tax Practitioners
- Who's Who Legal: International Who's Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Tax
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Corporate Tax (Most Frequently Recommended); Estate & Personal Tax Planning
- The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada: Corporate Tax
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers: Tax
- Douglas J. Sherbaniuk Distinguished Writing Award, conferred by the Canadian Tax Foundation for his article “Subsection 55(2): Then and Now” published in the Annual Canadian Tax Foundation Conference Report, 12:1-35
- DataWind Inc., in connection with its $30 million initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- MEGA Brands in connection with its proposed US$460 million acquisition by Mattel.
- POSCO of Koreaand China Steel Corporation of Taiwan in their $1.1 billion investment in ArcelorMittal Mines Canada’s iron ore mine business.
- Turris Sites in its sale of a controlling interest to InSite Wireless of the United States and a subsequent securitization transaction.
- MEGA Brands Inc. in a recapitalization under the Canada Business Corporations Act including debt restructuring; a public bought deal of subscription receipts and a private placement of common shares.
- World Color Press Inc. in its $1.4 billion business combination with Quad/Graphics Inc.
- Limited Brands Inc. the owner of Victoria’s Secret, in its take-over bid for La Senza Corporation.
- Mega Bloks Inc. in its acquisition of Rose Art Industries Inc. and related financing.
- Pennant Foods Company LLC, a subsidiary of Fresh Start Bakeries, Inc., a portfolio company of New York private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg LLC, in connection with the purchase of a portion of the General Mills Bakeries and Food Service frozen bread dough business.
- Jubilant Organosys Ltd. of India in its acquisition of NASDAQ and TSX listed Draxis Health Inc.
- Oz Communications Inc. in its sale to Nokia Corporation.
- Canadian counsel to the initial purchasers in connection with the secondary private placement by CDP Capital d'Amérique Investissements Inc., a subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, of $305 million convertible unsecured subordinated debentures of Quebecor Inc.
- National Bank Financial, BMO Nesbitt Burns and RBC Capital Markets and the other dealers in connection with an offering of $2 billion principal amount of senior notes by CDP Financial Inc., the financing arm of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec.
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley, BofA Merrill Lynch, RBC Capital Markets and the other initial purchasers in connection with an offering of US$5 billion principal amount of senior notes by CDP Financial Inc., the financing arm of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec.
- The underwriting syndicate for Jaguar Mining’s 2009 and 2011 offering of convertible senior notes.
- Radial Point, in all of its financings in an aggregate amount of approximately $200 million.
- Genuity Capital Markets, BMO Nesbitt Burns and the rest of the underwriting syndicate in Miranda Tech.
- BCE Inc. in the spin-off of its interest of Nortel Networks valued at $89.3 billion.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018