Recognized since 2015
Newport Beach, California
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Real Estate
Trade Secrets Law
A seasoned trial attorney and skilled negotiator, Mark B. Wilson has won nearly every case he has tried and arbitrated. Mr. Wilson lost only one jury trial and obtained a complete reversal on appeal. Mr. Wilson represents clients in federal and state courts in a variety of matters, including business litigation, legal malpractice, real estate, trade secrets, unfair competition, copyright infringement, construction disputes, and commercial unlawful detainer.
Mr. Wilson’s victories include a $2.25 million jury verdict in a premises liability case, a $1.85 million dollar jury verdict in a breach of shareholder agreement case, a $1.8 million binding arbitration award in a legal malpractice case, a $1.4 million jury verdict in a copyright infringement case, a complete defense verdict in a partnership dispute where the client’s existence was at stake, and a complete defense verdict in an indemnity case where millions of dollars were at issue. His settlements include recovering $97 million in a breach of trust case, $3 million in a commercial construction dispute, $2.8 million in an employment dispute, $2.1 million in a legal malpractice action, and $2 million in a lease dispute.
As a meticulous attorney, Mr. Wilson brings to court an eye for detail and a sense of organization essential to winning complex trials.
The Daily Journal, the most widely read legal industry publication, named Mr. Wilson as one of California’s Top Professional Responsibility Lawyers. Mr. Wilson has been selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers® list since 2005. In 2017 – 2022, he was listed in the Super Lawyers® Top 50 Orange County List. Mr. Wilson was also listed in the Super Lawyers® Top 100 Southern California List in 2019-2022. Mr. Wilson was recognized as one of the elite trial attorneys in Orange County by OC Register Metro magazine. He achieved an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, denoting the highest level of professional excellence from his peers. Since 2015, Mr. Wilson has been listed in Best Lawyers, and Best Lawyers named Mr. Wilson “2021 Trial Lawyer of the Year” in trade secrets law. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Mr. Wilson was the Chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s (“OCBA”) Business Litigation section, the largest section in the OCBA. Mr. Wilson was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (“OCTLA”) and remained on the Board for several years.
In 2019, OCTLA named Mr. Wilson “Trial Lawyer of the Year” in legal malpractice. OCTLA previously named Mr. Wilson as a finalist for the “Business Litigation Trial Lawyer of the Year.” In addition, OCTLA twice-recognized Mr. Wilson as “Board Member of the Year” for his contributions to the organization and the legal profession.
From 2016 to 2020, Mr. Wilson was a California State Bar Special Deputy Prosecutor, prosecuting State Bar complaints when the State Bar had conflicts of interest. Mr. Wilson presently serves on the Board of Governors of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. From 2016 to 2022, Mr. Wilson served on the Loyola Law School Board of Directors.
Mr. Wilson is a frequent lecturer to bar organizations on modern trial techniques and legal ethics and has authored several articles on trial practice. In 2018, the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization certified Mr. Wilson as a specialist in legal malpractice law. There are only four attorneys in Orange County who have this specialization.
In 2020, Mr. Wilson was selected to America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators®. Selection to America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators® is by invitation only and is reserved to identify the nation’s most exceptional trial attorneys in high-stakes business litigation matters.
Mr. Wilson obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School in 1988 and graduated from the University of Southern California in 1985. He was selected to be on Loyola’s Moot Court team and participated in Loyola’s trial advocacy program which U.S. News and World Report ranked as a top 10 in the nation. Mr. Wilson began trying cases in law school in a program sponsored by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.kleinandwilson.com/attorney/mark-b-wilson/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4770 Von Karman Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctor, graduated 1988
- University of Southern California, Public Administration, graduated 1985
- California, 1988
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers - Board of Governors, 2017-Present
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers - Member, 2004-Present
- Banyard Inn of Court - Master Bencher, 2000-Present
- Business Litigation Section of Orange County Bar Association - Chair, 2016
- California certified specialist in Legal Malpractice Law - 2018-Present
- Loyola Law School - Board of Directors, 2016-2022
- Orange County Bar Association - Member, 1994-Present
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association - Board of Directors, 2002-2008
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association - Member, 1996-Present
- Small Angels Foundation - Board Member
- California State Court
- All Federal Courts in California
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trade Secrets Law, Orange County (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Trade Secrets Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- 2019 Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year in Legal Malpractice
- America's Top 100 Attorneys
- America's Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators
- AV Rating, the Highest Rating for Skill and Ethics by Martindale-Hubbell
- AVVO Rating of 10
- Best Law Firms U.S. News & World Report, 2016 - Present
- Best Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- Best Lawyers 2021 Trial Lawyer of the Year in Trade Secrets Law
- Daily Journal, 2022 Top Professional Responsibility Lawyer - Plaintiffs' Legal Malpractice
- OC's Most Notable Lawyers, OC Metro, August 2012
- OC's Top Attorneys - Raising the Bar and Setting New Precedents, OC Metro, 2013
- Super Lawyers, 2005 - Present
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Southern California List, 2019 - Present
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Orange County List, 2017 - Present
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2008
- The American Lawyer Top 500, 2013
- The Dean's List - OC's Top Attorneys, OC Metro, August 2011
- The Legal Eagles - OC's Top Attorneys, OC Metro, August 2010
- Top Lawyer, Coast Magazine, January 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.