Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
In his intellectual property litigation practice, Mark has handled major litigation in all technology areas and tried cases relating to patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights in state and federal courts throughout the country and in a number of international forums. Mark has also handled inter partes administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the International Trade Commission. Mark has also been extremely active in a number of matters involving insurance coverage in intellectual property cases, and has spoken at annual meetings of the State Bar of Michigan on the topic.
In addition to specializing in IP litigation, Mark also has an active practice advising clients on the acquisition, management and licensing of intellectual property. He has worked with many clients to develop a database and management strategy to enable clients to more accurately track and manage their intellectual property portfolios.
Mark believes that an attorney's counsel is most effective when based on a solid and complete understanding of the client's business, and the industry in which it operates. For that reason, he makes it a practice to develop close relationships with his clients. He gets to know a wide spectrum of individuals within the client's organization and learns the nuances of the client's industry. Mark also believes it is critical to have a full picture of the client's overall business objectives. This ensures that his recommendations are truly in line with the client's needs, and do not reflect merely on what law firms are accustomed to providing.
- Direct Phone Number: 248-358-4400
- Phone Number: 248-358-4400
- Lawyer Page: https://www.brookskushman.com/our-team/person-detail/mark-cantor.html
- 1000 Town Center, 22nd Floor
Southfield, MI 48075
- University of Detroit Mercy, J.D., graduated 1981
- Patent Law, Detroit (2019)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2007-2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2014
- IP Star", Managing Intellectual Property magazine, 2013
- "Top Lawyer,” DBusiness Magazine, 2009-2013
- “10 Power Lawyers in Michigan,” Crain's Detroit Business, 2009
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Technology Law
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.