Marilyn Healy joined Adams and Reese in 2010 following the firm's expansion into Tampa. She has practiced law since 1993.
Marilyn concentrates her practice in real estate and governmental law, including commercial real estate transactions and real estate workouts; banking and finance; and administrative / governmental relations issues including land use, private/public partnerships, government contracts and procurement.
Marilyn was selected to be a member of the Tampa Chamber Advocacy Committee. Marilyn has specific experience in negotiating and finalizing complex residential and commercial real estate transactions, representing large scale national retailers, negotiating sophisticated leasing relationships, and has extensive experience in all aspects of procuring and maintaining development entitlements and governmental and quasi-governmental approvals through complex local, state and federal processes. In addition to effectively managing projects through complex regulatory environments, Marilyn is extremely effective in creating positive outcomes for clients with the various development constituent groups.
Marilyn's significant contributions include:
- Negotiating complex real estate purchase agreements and leasing arrangements.
- Obtaining critical land use approvals for development clients.
- Extensive experience with quasi-judicial land use hearings before City and County decision makers and dispute resolution processes.
- Defending government code enforcement violations.
- Providing advice and counsel on specific environmental requirements and compliance.
- Negotiating development approvals and agreements and other local government agreements.
- Procuring alcoholic zoning and licensing approvals.
- Obtaining settlement agreements with local governments for the outdoor advertising industry.
- Recognized as a Florida Trend Legal Elite.
Marilyn's other representative experience includes:
- Representing large scale retailer in its acquisitions and development of locations in Florida.
- Representing an industry leader in the outdoor advertising industry.
- Procuring significant development agreements for complex multi-faceted projects.
Marilyn has both a B.A. and M.A. from the University of Florida, and she earned her J.D. from Stetson University College of Law in 1993.
When she isn't practicing law, Marilyn enjoys competitive sport fishing. Marilyn's favorite saying is Expecto Patronum.