Recognized since 2016
Health and Aged Care Law
Professional Malpractice Litigation
With over 25 years of experience and a long list of accomplishments, Marianne is recognised as a leading lawyer in the area of health and insurance law. Marianne was instrumental in setting up Meridian Lawyers in 2004 having previously been a health law partner at Ebsworth & Ebsworth (now HWL Ebsworth). Her clients have included the predecessors of Avant (United and MDU), Marketform, Catholic Church Insurances Ltd, GIO General Ltd, AMP, QBE 386, Medical Indemnity Protection Society Limited and many private hospitals, not-for-profits, professional associations and health practitioners.
Marianne primarily acts for individual health practitioners, health organisations, insurers and MDOs in a broad range of areas including: policy drafting, risk management, patient complaint handling, civil claims, processes under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (registration, notifications, mandatory reporting and disciplinary), coronial investigations and inquests, disciplinary processes with employers, private health fund audits, Medicare audits, Professional Services Review processes and PSR Committee hearings, privacy and discrimination complaints before regulators and general compliance advice.
She is actively involved in advising stakeholders on strategy and prepares stakeholder submissions on legislation, codes and policies impacting the health professions and insurers/MDOs. Marianne is a frequent guest speaker at health forums, conferences and universities and regularly publishes articles on health law topics. Marianne is also experienced in non-medical professional indemnity, product liability and public liability claims.
She has been continuously recognised in the peer-review guide, Best Lawyers in Australia, as a leading lawyer in Health & Aged Care Law and in Medical Negligence since 2016.
Areas of expertise:
- Health law (litigation, disciplinary and compliance)
- Professional indemnity claims
- Public and product liability claims
- Coronial law
- Privacy and Discrimination complaints
- Private health fund audits
- Medicare audits and Professional Services Review
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 61 2 4047 2611
- Lawyer Page: https://www.meridianlawyers.com.au/people/marianne-nicolle
- Level 6, 45 Watt Street
Newcastle NSW 2300
- Medical Negligence, Sydney, Australia (2023)
- Professional Malpractice Litigation, Sydney, Australia (2022)
- Health and Aged Care Law, Sydney, Australia (2020)
- Medical Negligence, Sydney, Australia (2019)
- Health and Aged Care Law
- Medical Negligence
- Professional Malpractice Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.