Marianne C. LeBlanc
Recognized since 2005
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Marianne LeBlanc is a trial attorney with a proven record of success in the courtroom and over two decades of experience in representing injured clients. With record-setting verdicts in Massachusetts, Marianne’s advocacy skills draw on her commitment to making a difference both for her clients and the community at large. Marianne concentrates in all aspects of serious personal injury litigation, including liquor liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, and nursing home litigation. She has been named in “Best Lawyers in America” and has repeatedly been selected by her peers as one of the Top 100 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and one of the Top 50 Women New England Super Lawyers.
In addition to her practice, Marianne has provided leadership to a wide variety of legal, civic and community organizations. In 2018 she was appointed by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to a four-year term on the Board of Bar Overseers. In addition, she currently serves as Massachusetts Governor to the American Association for Justice (AAJ), as Chair of the Norfolk Superior Court Bench-Bar Committee, as Vice-President of the Massachusetts Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and on the Board and Executive Board of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys. She is a past chair of the AAJ Women Trial Lawyers Caucus, and a past President of the Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts and the Women’s Bar Foundation of Massachusetts. She is also a past Chair of the Civil Litigation Section of the Massachusetts Bar Association. Marianne frequently lectures on continuing legal education programs for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), the Massachusetts Bar Association, and other professional associations.
Marianne joined SUGARMAN after receiving her law degree from Boston College Law School in 1993 and has been a principal of the firm since 1999. In addition to her leadership roles in the legal community, Marianne also serves on the Town of Westwood's Commission on Disability and served for several years as the Chairman of Westwood's Finance and Warrant Commission.
- Direct Phone Number: 617-542-1000
- Phone Number: 617-542-1000
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sugarman.com/
- 31 St. James Avenue, 10th Floor
Boston, MA 02116
- Boston College Law School, Juris Doctorate
- Wellesley College, B.A.
- Massachusetts, 1993
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) - Vice-President of the Massachusetts Chapter
- Boston Bar Association - Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys - Board and Executive Committee Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association - Member
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers - Member
- Norfolk Superior Court Bench-Bar Committee - Chair
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) - Massachusetts Governor
- Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts - Co-Chair, Judicial Pipeline Committee
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, 1994
5 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Boston (2022)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- "Massachusetts Super Lawyers," Law and Politics, 2004-2019
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- "The Best Lawyers in America," 2005-2019
- Boston College Law School 75th Anniversary Alumni Award, 2006
- "Top 100 Massachusetts Super Lawyers," 2004; 2008; 2010-2019
- "Top 50 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers," 2004-2019
- "Top Women of Law Circle of Excellence Award," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2018
- Distinguished Service Award, American Association for Justice, 2010
- Wiedemann Wysocki Citation of Excellence, American Association for Justice, 2006; 2011
- "40 Under 40 Award," Boston Business Journal, 2002
- "Lawyers of the Year," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 1999
- "Best Lawyers in Boston," Boston Magazine, 2002
- "100 Women of Distinction in Law and Public Service," The Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers, 2005
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.