Recognized since 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Real Estate Law
Meg Meister has served clients for over twenty-five years in the areas of real estate, business, commercial transactions and lending. She guides businesses through siting and re-locating facilities, completes sales and tax free exchanges, represents buyers and sellers in stock and asset transactions, assists with liquor license transfers, and negotiates and drafts leases and other real estate and business documents. Meg advises companies doing business on Indian lands and negotiates and structures business transactions involving Indian tribes and Indian lands. Meg represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of lending transactions.
Meg’s transaction work often focuses on energy, both traditional and renewable. She represents renewable energy developers and works with oil and gas operators and producers and pipeline companies.
Entity selection and formation, governance issues, and mergers and acquisitions are also components of Meg’s business practice. Additionally, Meg performs duties as general counsel to non-profit and for-profit entities, providing counsel and perspective on an array of issues.
Chambers USA has recognized Meg with a top ranking in Real Estate law. Chambers noted, “'[Meg] has an impressive reputation throughout the state among both clients and peers. Clients are quick to praise her fantastic ability as a communicator and her amazing depth of knowledge,’ and that [she] is lauded by market commentators as ‘the state expert on real estate.'” She is among those listed by Best Lawyers in America® in Corporate Law and Real Estate Law and was recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque in 2020 for Real Estate Law. Meg has been selected as one of the Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers five times. She has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s AV® Preeminent rating and named a “Woman of Influence” and “Best of the Bar” in 2009 by New Mexico Business Weekly.
Meg also finds time to assist in community endeavors. She is a Past Chair of the Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce, a board member for United Way of Central New Mexico, and a Past President of Golden Apple Foundation of New Mexico.
Meg serves as the Chair of the Corporate/Banking/Real Estate Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Renewable Energy Service Group and has served as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, running, skiing, and being a part of her book group.
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- The University of Texas at Austin , J.D., graduated 1990
- Trinity University, BA, graduated 1987
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association - Sections on Real Property, Probate and Trust, Business Law
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers - Fellow, Programs Committee, Board of Governors
- Anglo American Real Property Institute - Fellow
- Golden Apple Foundation of New Mexico - President
- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors, 2010-present
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Law, Albuquerque (2022)
- Real Estate Law, Albuquerque (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- General Corporate
- Limited Liability Companies
- Natural Resources
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Secured Transactions
- Tax Certiorari
- Uniform Commercial Code
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Fellow
- Anglo-American Real Property Institute, Fellow
- Best Lawyers in America®, in Corporate Law and Real Estate Law, 2007-present
- Chambers USA Directories of America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Real Estate Law, 2005-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Pre-eminent® Peer Review Rated
- New Mexico Business Weekly, Best of the Bar, 2009
- New Mexico Business Weekly, Woman of Influence, 2009
- Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey) 2007-present; The Top 25 New Mexico Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2016, 2017
"Margaret Lewis Meister is very competent and easy to work with."
"Meg is conscientious and committed to clarity and thoroughness. She is highly thought of among her peers and in the community. We have relied on her judgment and knowledge in many real estate matters with regard to negotiating and drafting contracts, agreements, and other transactional or land use documents. We deal with municipal government and other regulatory agencies, and she makes sure they play by the rules. When we buy, sell, lease, or option property, she makes sure all the bases are covered."
"Meg is expert, thorough, and clear. She responds quickly to questions and has a wide range of knowledge in the area of real estate. She's a skilled negotiator and an excellent advisor."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.