Margaret Coughlin LePage
Recognized in:Education LawEmployment Law - Management...
Law School:University of Michigan Law School
Location:Merrill's Wharf254 Commercial StreetPortland, ME 04101
- University of Michigan Law School, graduated 1983
- Dartmouth College, graduated 1980
- Maine, Maine
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts
- Maine, U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for D.C. Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Employment Law - Management, Portland, ME (2018)
- Education Law, Portland, ME (2015)
- Employment Law - Management, Portland, ME (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Education Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
Areas of Expertise:
Stureplan 4C, Fourth Floor
Stockholm 114 35
46 8 509 012 32
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1875 K Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20006
157 Capitol Street, Suite Three
Augusta, ME 04330
100 Summer Street, Suite 2250
Boston, MA 02110
Pease International Tradeport, Suite 350
One New Hampshire Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
72 Pine Street
Providence, RI 02903
Attorney Case History
Obtained favorable arbitrator's award, affirmed on appeal, regarding wage dispute over bonuses, commissions and vacation pay for terminated company president.
Obtained summary judgment, affirmed on appeal, in housing discrimination case challenging landlords' rights not to participate in HUD Section 8 low income housing program.
Obtained judgment on behalf of employer in leading "caregiver" sex discrimination case in federal district court.
Obtained favorable federal district court jury verdict for employer in ADA retaliation case.
Obtained dismissal of an unfair labor practice charge against employer for discipline of employee for derogatory postings on Facebook.
Represented fast food restaurant chain in investigation by Department of Justice of pattern and practice immigration status discrimination.
Advised Board of Directors of closely held company on termination and buyout of founder and CEO