Recognized since 2008
Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Marco Poretti’s practice is focused on litigation and aboriginal law, with an emphasis on commercial litigation, contract disputes, construction litigation, shareholder disputes, commercial insurance disputes, professional errors and omissions claims, and municipal property assessment complaints. He has a broad range of experience before courts, tribunals and arbitrators, and has appeared before all levels of Alberta courts, federal courts and the Supreme Court of Canada. Marco is also a certified mediator.
Over the course of his career, Marco has acted on complex and lengthy Alberta trials dealing with, among other matters, construction defects and aboriginal treaty rights. He has also defended a number of class action lawsuits involving professional liability claims and allegations of breach of trust and fiduciary duties.
- Manulife Place, Suite 3200
10180 101st Street, NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 3W8
- University of Alberta, LL.B., graduated 1987
- University of Alberta, B.Comm., graduated 1983
- Alberta, 1988
- Reynolds Mirth Richards & Farmer LLP - Partner
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice, Edmonton, Canada (2023)
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice, Edmonton, Canada (2016)
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice, Edmonton, Canada (2014)
- Aboriginal Law / Indigenous Practice
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Recognized as a Leading Practitioner in the practice area of Aboriginal Law by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2017, 2018)
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Aboriginal Law (2008 – 2020)
- Best Lawyers’ Aboriginal Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Edmonton (2016)
- Certificate in Interpersonal Conflict Resolution Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society
- Certificate in Interest-Based Negotiation Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society
- Dr. Alexander Smith, Q.C. Prize in the Subject of Contract (1984 – 1985)
- Harry A. Friedman Memorial Bursary (1984 – 1985)
- Edmonton Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Aboriginal Law Subsection, Canadian Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Subsection, Canadian Bar Association
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.