Marc is an experienced transactional and commercial lawyer who is dedicated to providing pragmatic and effective legal advice to enable his clients to achieve their commercial objectives.
He routinely advises on both complex and straightforward corporate transactions from heads of agreement/term sheet stage through to completion, including guiding his clients on both vendor and purchaser side through competitive sales processes, transaction and finance structuring, due diligence, warranties and indemnities (including warranty and indemnity insurance), transaction document negotiation, and the post-completion adjustment process.
While Marc advises on a wide range of transactions in different sectors, he has a specific expertise in cross border transactions, capital raisings, acting for and against private equity, advising startups and investors in startups, advising clients in the health, aged care and retirement villages space, and not-for-profits.
Marc is a trusted adviser for several ASX listed companies, private companies and not-for-profit clients. As well as advising these clients on transactions, Marc and his team take the time to get to know the client’s business so they can assist with practical and timely legal advice on day to day matters with a strong understanding of the client’s business objectives and imperatives. This involves a wide range of legal work including contract interpretation, assisting with the negotiation of key supplier and customer contracts, local and international distribution agreements, privacy, services agreements, government funding agreements and regulatory compliance.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Carino Care on the acquisition of a portfolio of residential aged care facilities from Ark Health Care for an undisclosed sum. The portfolio consists of 272 approved places across 4 residential aged care facilities located at Rockdale, Sylvannia, Oatley and Russell Lee in Sydney.
- Advising Complete Office Supplies, the second largest B2B office supplier in Australia, on its acquisition of the Australian division of French-headquartered global office supplies company, Lyreco, which had annual revenue of $70 million prior to the acquisition.
- Advising The Benevolent Society on its expansion into South Australia by way of becoming the sole member of Inclusive Directions, a specialist provider of disability services to children.
- Advising a delisted public company on all aspects of its restructure and ultimate privatisation, including advising on the selective share buy back of shares from more than 800 minority shareholders, and the subsequent compulsory acquisition of minority shareholdings by private family entity.
- Advising Global Student Accommodation on the divestment of a majority interest in a student development project in Melbourne to global real estate investment firm Heitman by way of the redemption and subscription for units in a unit trust. Our role included advising on the deal structure and preparing and negotiating all necessary transaction documentation including a subscription and redemption agreement, unitholders’ agreement and various management agreements for the ongoing management of the project.
- Advising the shareholders of Crick Auto Group on the divestment of an undisclosed majority stake in the Group to Archer Capital for an undisclosed sum. The Crick Auto Group is one of the largest car dealership networks in Australia, based in Queensland and northern New South Wales, and is licensed to sell the vehicles of 23 different manufacturers including Mercedes-Benz, Alfa Romeo, Volkswagen, Subaru, Honda, Chrysler Jeep, Mitsubishi and Suzuki.
- Advising the shareholders of Renegade Gas Pty Ltd, an LPG and industrial gas company with net annual sales of over $80 million, on the divestment of 85% of the company to Taiyo Nippon Saanso Corporation (TSE: 4091), significant global conglomerate listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, for an undisclosed sum.
- Advising McPherson’s Limited (ASX: MCP) on the divestment of its international housewares business (valued at approximately $38 million) to European Quality Housewares Limited (EQH), an Hong Kong based entity associated with the Fackelmann Group (the German global manufacturer and distributor of housewares) in tranches of 51% and 49%.
- Advising Mark Group Limited(UK), a global provider of energy solutions, including insulation, plumbing, heating and solar, on the disposal of its Australian subsidiary to Anchorage Capital Partners for an undisclosed sum.
- Advising a private family investment group on its diversified portfolio of investments which includes investments in the technology, health, craft brewing and renewable energy sectors both in Australia and overseas. This includes investments made by convertible note, share and unit subscription and share and unit acquisition.