Recognized since 2012
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and its law school, Marc Jonas is co-chair of the firm's Land Use and Zoning practice group. He has extensive experience in real estate, land use, municipal law, and zoning matters, representing individuals, businesses, institutions, non-profit organizations and municipalities.
Marc has practiced land use and real estate law for more than 30 years. In his career, Marc has appeared as counsel in Pennsylvania state and federal courts in matters involving land use and real estate law.
Marc’s diverse practice has included the representation of developers of residential, commercial, institutional, and religious land uses. He has represented neighbors concerned about the impacts of certain proposed land uses. He has successfully obtained land use approvals despite significant local opposition. His experience and credentials have motivated other attorneys to retain Marc as an expert witness in an assortment of legal matters, ranging from condemnation to family law.
Marc serves as Solicitor to Kennett Square Borough and Solicitor to the Zoning Hearing Boards of Towamencin, Upper Merion and Lower Salford Townships. He has been qualified as an expert witness in zoning law in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County and has published articles in the Tri-State Real Estate Journal, Commercial Investment Real Estate Journal,Township Solicitor, The Legal Intelligencer, and The American Bar Association ABA Journal. His article on land use appeals, published in the The Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly, was cited in a 2016 opinion of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. He was interviewed by Lawyers Weekly USA with regard to the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000, and was also interviewed by Alan Colmes for the Fox News show Hannity & Colmes regarding the same federal statute (watch video).
Marc served for 3 years as Chairman of the Board of the Montgomery County Planning Commission between 2012 and 2014.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.eastburngray.com/profiles/marc-d-jonas
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 470 Norristown Road, Suite 302
Blue Bell, PA 19422
- University of Pennsylvania , J.D., graduated 1972
- University of Pennsylvania , BA, graduated 1969
- Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania - Intermediate Appellate Courts
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Philadelphia (2023)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Philadelphia (2021)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Philadelphia (2018)
- Land Use and Zoning Law, Philadelphia (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.