Recognized since 2021
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Since the beginning of his legal career, Marc C. Johnson has focused exclusively on medical malpractice litigation. He has handled a wide range of cases including birth injuries, anesthesia injuries, cancer misdiagnosis, stroke misdiagnosis, heart attack misdiagnosis, and prenatal misdiagnosis. Prior to joining Burg Simpson, Mr. Johnson spent six years at a highly respected New Jersey law firm focusing exclusively on medical negligence claims. In 2015, the year before he relocated to Colorado to join Burg Simpson, Mr. Johnson assisted in recovering over $20 million on behalf of medical malpractice victims and their families. Mr. Johnson has extensive trial experience including lead trial responsibilities in a four-week Medical Malpractice jury trial resulting in a significant recovery for his clients.
Mr. Johnson also served as Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Steven P. Perskie, J.S.C. (ret.) and The Honorable Joseph L. Marczyk, the current Presiding Judge, Civil Division of the New Jersey Superior Court, Atlantic County.
Mr. Johnson received his Juris Doctor degree from the University Of San Diego School Of Law. While in law school, Mr. Johnson received numerous awards for both written and oral advocacy and served on the Appellate Moot Court Executive Board. He earned his Bachelor of Arts, With Honors, from The University of California at Santa Barbara.
Since 2021, Best Lawyers of America recognized Marc “One to Watch”, a prestigious award that is given to up and coming young attorneys.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney/marc-c-johnson/
- 40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
- University of San Diego , J.D. , graduated 2009
- University of California - Santa Barbara, B.A., graduated 2005
- United States, New Jersey
- United States, Pennsylvania
- United States, District of New Jersey
- United States, California
- United States, Colorado
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association - Medical Malpractice Committee
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- The New Jersey Association For Justice - Member
- The Public Justice Foundation - Member
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- 2007 Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Best Overall and Best Brief Awards
- 2008 Paul A. McLennon, Sr. Honors Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist and Best Brief Award
- 2009 American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional Champion Team Coach
- 2009 Lawyering Skills Specialist – Legal Research and Writing Faculty Award
- Top 100 Attorney, The National Trial Lawyers
- Selected to Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch", 2021-2022
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.