Since he started practising law, Marc-André has advised or defended companies in connection with class actions, contractual remedies (sale, manufacturing, construction and distribution) or civil liability disputes. His practice is also focused on shareholders' disputes. In addition, he was involved in extraordinary proceedings such as injunctions, judicial reviews or procedures for the approval of plans of arrangement under the Canadian Business Corporations Act or the Quebec Companies Act. He has appeared before all levels of courts and tribunals in Quebec.
Marc-André is fluent in both French and English.
- Defended large multinational companies in class actions regarding consumer contracts (based on the Quebec Consumer Protection Act), financing, and product liability for pharmaceuticals and other consumer products
Advised a participant of a wind energy project in various claim
- Defended a public company and its president in a class action regarding stock market manipulation
- Represented a financial institution regarding its fiduciary duties in a fraud case
- Participated in plan of arrangement procedures for public and private companies based on the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Quebec Business Corporations Act
- Defended shareholders in various litigation cases, including arbitration procedures
- Represented participants of the infrastructure sector in various claims related to major construction projects
- Represented a gas producer before the Régie de l'énergie du Québec
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
In 2010, Marc-André was awarded the Jules-Deschênes prize by the Quebec division of the CBA. This prestigious award recognizes a member who demonstrates exceptional commitment and continuous involvement to the Quebec branch of the CBA. He is the youngest recipient in the award's history and is one of the few who is not a judge.
Marc-André is also recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014, where he is recommended in the areas of Class Action Litigation and Corporate and Commercial Litigation.