Recognized since 2007
Charleston, West Virginia
Oil and Gas Law
Trusts and Estates
Marc Monteleone is the Managing Partner of Bowles Rice, acting as the firm’s CEO. His responsibilities include leadership, management and administration of the firm.
Marc’s legal practice includes federal and state taxation, mergers and acquisitions, oil and gas law, construction law, commercial law and real estate development. He also serves as the chairman of the firm’s Small Business Development Team, which assists small businesses in all matters, from formation through dissolution.
He has practiced law for more than 25 years and is well-positioned to assist his clients in the scope of general business issues.
Marc has an extensive real estate practice in land use and development law, representing both large and small developers proposing commercial and residential projects.
This representation has encompassed many aspects of development, including land use, financing, business structure and construction issues.
He authored the design-build legislation, which authorizes the use of design-build services in West Virginia. Because of his experience and knowledge in the design-build process, Marc was appointed chair of the West Virginia Design-Build Review Board by former West Virginia Governor Cecil Underwood and served in that capacity until 2018. Marc supervised the design and building of the firm’s Charleston office, as well as the renovation of all of the firm’s other offices. He served as chairman of Charleston Parking Task Force and supervised the construction of two city parking garages using the design-build delivery method.
In 2018, Marc was named a Charter Fellow in the Construction Lawyers Society of America, an invitation-only international honorary association dedicated to promoting superior advocacy and ethical standards in construction law and fostering a scholarly and advanced exchange of ideas in all practices related to the specialty.
Marc has extensive experience in managing oil and gas operations. He is a Past President of the Independent Oil & Gas Association of West Virginia (IOGAWV), 2017-2018, and currently serves as the Tax Committee Chair for the Gas & Oil Association of WV, Inc. He was awarded IOGAWV's 2020 Gunslinger Award, in recognition of his tireless efforts to promote and defend the West Virginia oil and gas industry.
He received his bachelor of science degree (1984) in business administration, summa cum laude, with an emphasis in accounting, from West Virginia University. He earned a law degree in 1987 from West Virginia University, and his masters of law in taxation in 1989 from New York University. He is a member of the West Virginia State Bar.
Mr. Monteleone is named among the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of construction law, corporate law, oil and gas law, tax law and trusts and estates law. He also is recognized by Super Lawyers in tax law and Chambers USA in corporate/commercial law - tax. In 2013, he was named Best Lawyers’ Construction Law Lawyer of the Year in the southern West Virginia region.
- Direct Phone Number: 304-347-1100
- Phone Number: 304-347-1100
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bowlesrice.com/attorneys-Marc-Monteleone.html
- 600 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
- New York University, LL.M, graduated 1989
- West Virginia University, J.D., graduated 1987
- West Virginia University, BS, graduated 1984
- West Virginia, The West Virginia State Bar
- Tax Law, Charleston, WV (2021)
- Oil and Gas Law, Charleston, WV (2019)
- Construction Law, Charleston, WV (2013)
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Business and Succession Planning
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America (Construction Law; Corporate Law; Oil and Gas Law; Tax Law; and Trusts & Estates Law)
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2013 Construction Law Lawyer of the Year in the southern West Virginia region
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers for Corporate/Commercial Law - Tax
- Named to Super Lawyers Magazine for Virginia and West Virginia for Tax (2007-2013)
- Cannabis Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
"For 30 years I have continued to be impressed with Marc's work ethic and responsiveness, Due to his personality and genuine concern we have developed a friendship that extended beyond the professional environment. He is always available."
- Andy Border (Radon Medical Imaging)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.