Recognized since 2017
Manuel López is a partner with Roach Newton, where his primary area of practice is appellate and commercial litigation. Manuel joined Roach & Newton in 2014. He has developed a constitutional practice to defend fundamental rights of businesses in discovery and trial.
Manuel is a seasoned civil defense lawyer with over 21 years of experience. Manuel has an extraordinary ability to identify winning legal arguments and strategies. He has a proven history of superior results in appeals, extraordinary appellate writs, dispositive motions, challenges to expert testimony, and error preservation at trial, including jury instructions and directed verdict motions. Manuel has the ability to adapt to new legal fields and to balance attention to detail with strategic thinking.
Prior to joining Roach Newton, Manuel served as a Partner at the Texas firm of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Defense Research Institute, and Products Liability Advisory Council.
Manuel holds an A.B from Harvard University where he graduated cum laude in Social Studies, and a J.D. from Yale Law School where he served on the Yale Law Journal as an Essays Editor
- One Westchase Center, Suite 1100
10777 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77042
- Harvard University, A.B.
- Yale University
- Texas, 1992
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Products Liability Advisory Council - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- US Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Court
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.