In his more than 20 years of professional experience, Mr. Blanco has developed his practice representing local and foreign clients in corporate matters, M&A, antitrust, foreign investment, energy, litigation, insolvency and reorganization; in industries such as metal manufacturing, real estate, construction, construction materials, energy generation, farming, financial services, education and other services.
Prior to Aninat Abogados, Mr. Blanco was partner at Aninat Schwencke practiced as a senior associate with the law firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego y Dörr; as an associate with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York; and previously as an associate with Blanco y Cia.
Among his recent significant representations, the following transactions may be included:
– Representation of Embotelladora Andina S.A. in a lawsuit filed by the franchisees of a popular restaurant chain, for alleged abused of dominant position as the franchise’s provider.
– Assistance to global law firm Jones Day in the Chilean related matters of the XIO Group’s leveraged buyout of Triton Partners from the COMPO EXPERT business, a leading supplier of specialty fertilizer products for professional applications.
– Advised Solventus Chile SpA to develop non-conventional renewable energy projects.
– Advised Solventus Chile SpA and its European owners in the sale of a 70 MW project to Total and Etrion enterprices.
– Advised CDEC-SIC, CDEC-SING and the Ministry of Energy in regulatory issues.
– Defense of Fitch Ratings Chile in the La Polar case and related civil lawsuits.
– Representation of Garibaldi S.A. in contentious-administrative issues.
– Representation of Enerbosch in corporate matters and negotiations.
– Representation of Pizarreño S.A. in matters of energy, corporate and labor.
– Representation of several high net-worth individuals and families regarding estate planing and inheritance matters.
Mr. Blanco is a member of the Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.) and a member of its Ethics Tribunal. He is listed in the roster of bankruptcy arbitrators of the Chilean Insolvency and Reorganization Superintendency (Superintendencia de Insolvencia y Reemprendimiento). He has been appointed as director to private and public corporations; member of the Advisory Board of the Columbia Global Center – Santiago and of the Advisory Committee to the board of the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce – Amcham Chile, and President of its Legal Committee. In addition, he is a Reserve Officer (RNY) of the Chilean Navy.