Recognized since 2021
M. Michelle Carreras is a key member of the Issues and Appeals section of The Lanier Law Firm, handling complex appeals, briefings and research for trial. She has worked on a wide variety of cases, including mass tort, products liability, personal injury, business litigation and sports law litigation. She was a key member of the firm’s Pinnacle bellwether trial team that won a $1 billion combined jury verdict and a $502 million jury verdict in 2016. Those victories were recently ranked by the National Law Journal among the top five largest products liability verdicts of the past five years.
Ms. Carreras earned her undergraduate degrees in English and Anthropology from Rice University in 2000, and her law degree from the University of Chicago Law School in 2003. Prior to joining the Lanier Law Firm in 2009, she spent six years as an associate at a prominent Texas defense firm, where her efforts were focused primarily on bankruptcy-related litigation and environmental litigation matters.
Ms. Carreras is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and previously served as a member of the State Bar of Texas District 4-F Grievance Committee, where she presided over disciplinary proceedings brought against attorneys in Harris County, Texas. She is also a member of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Contact & Links
- 10940 West Sam Houston Parkway North, Suite 100
Houston, TX 77064
- University of Chicago , J.D., graduated 2003
- Rice University, B.A., graduated 2000
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, District 4-F Grievance Committee - Former Member
- Texas Bar Foundation - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.