M. Elizabeth "Lisa" Monihan
Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP
Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
Before joining Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP as a Partner in March 2016, Lisa Monihan had been a Director and Shareholder of Spieth, Bell, McCurdy & Newell since 1998. She joined that firm in 1995 after ten years with two large law firms. Her practice is focused on wealth transfer planning for individuals and fiduciaries, including income, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, trust and estate administration, multi-generational family issues, retirement planning, succession planning for closely-held businesses and charitable planning.
Lisa was once told by a new client that the decision to hire her was made because “you really listened to what I had to say; the other lawyers I interviewed were too busy trying to impress me with how smart they were.” Lisa establishes personal, long term relationships with her clients, and guides them through the legal, tax, financial and family issues in their unique situations with empathy and compassion.
Lisa is a frequent speaker to professional and community groups on estate planning and related topics.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Phone Number: 216-696-4200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sssb-law.com/attorneys/m-elizabeth-monihan/
- One Cleveland Center, Suite 900
1375 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., graduated 1984
- John Carroll University, B.S. in Economics, graduated 1979
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Member
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association - Member
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC); State Laws Committee, Technology in the Practice Committee - Fellow
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
15 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Trusts and Estates, Cleveland (2023)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®
- Chambers High Net Worth
- Ohio Super Lawyers® 2006-present
- Distinguished Estate Planner; awarded in 2013 by The Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.