Recognized since 2016
Los Angeles, California
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Louise Ann “Luzann” Fernandez is co-chair of the Labor and Employment practice group, with more than 30 years of experience. Luzann is a fierce litigator who is hired by corporations, hospitals, and celebrities for high profile and exposure cases. Luzann does not back down from challenges facing her clients and comes up with out of the box and novel theories.
Luzann is also active as an independent investigator. Using her litigation experience, Luzann investigates claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and other corporate compliance issues.
Luzann serves as a mediator and is a volunteer mediator for the Central District of California Mediation/Conciliation program. She brings her extensive experience to resolve conflicts.
Prior to joining the firm, Luzann was the Chair of the Labor and Employment practice group at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP where she founded the group. Luzann started her legal career as a field attorney at the National Labor Relations Board.
- 11845 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 845W
Los Angeles, CA 90064
- George Washington University, J.D., graduated 1978
- Stanford University, A.B., graduated 1975
- California, 5/31/1979
- 1987-1989 Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of California - Member
- 2018-2020 Assistance Dogs of the West - Board Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Labor and Employment Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member
- Pitzer College Board of Trustees - Member
- Federal Courts in California 6/4/1979
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Appellate Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Trade Secret Litigation
- 2000-2022, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, AV Rating, 5 Stars.
- 2004–2022, Southern California Super Lawyer.
- 2010, 2013, California Top Labor & Employment Lawyers, Daily Journal.
- 2014-2018, Top Women Attorneys in Southern California, Los Angeles Magazine.
- 2015-2020, Best Lawyers in Southern California, Los Angeles Magazine.
- 2016-2022, Best Lawyers.
- 2017-2019, Women in Law, Los Angeles Magazine.
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Civil Rights Law
- Communications Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.