Louis T. M. "Lou" Conti
Recognized since 2001
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Louis T. M. Conti is a partner in the Tampa office of Holland & Knight. Mr. Conti's practice includes serving as outside counsel to businesses of all sizes, mergers and acquisitions, cash flow and asset-based financings, leveraged buy-outs, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions, public and private equity placements, venture capital and private equity investments, company governance advice, and sophisticated and complex cross-border transactions and joint ventures and strategic alliances. He has served as a special master and arbitrator in LLC disputes, and as an expert witness in connection with Florida corporate and LLC law in cases around the state.
Mr. Conti is a Uniform Law Commissioner representing the state of Florida at the Uniform Law Commission, first appointed by the governor in 2011. Mr. Conti served as the Chair of The Florida Bar LLC Act Drafting Committee (2008-2013) which drafted the Florida Revised LLC Act which was signed into law on June 14, 2013. Mr. Conti served as the principal author for the 2000 Florida Limited Liability Limited Partnership Act, and as Chair of the Florida Revised Uniform Partnership Act Drafting Committee.
Mr. Conti is also an adjunct law professor at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law (2006-present) and was an instructor at the Advanced Judicial College for Florida Circuit Court Judges (2012).
Mr. Conti has been a speaker at the Florida Annual Federal Securities Institute for the past 13 consecutive years speaking on mergers and acquisitions developments (2000-2013), and has been a speaker at ABA and/or Florida Bar CLE programs every year for the past 18 years (1995-2013).
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 407-928-6737
- Phone Number: 407-928-6737
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hklaw.com/en/professionals/c/conti-louis-t-m
- 100 North Tampa Street, Suite 4100
Tampa, FL 33602
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Florida Venture Forum - Co-Chair Annual Venture Capital Conference 2009 and 2010
- The Florida Bar LLC Act Drafting Task Force - Chair 2009-2011
- The Florida Bar Business Law Section - Chair 2009-2010
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Office of the Commissioner - IRS Chief Counsel
505 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
122 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Orlando (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Tax Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Corporate Counsel Top Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2009, 2012, 2013
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2005-2010
- Who's Who in Business and Finance
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who In America
- Gerald T. Hart Outstanding Tax Attorney of the Year, The Florida Bar Tax Section, 2011-2012
- Outstanding Member of the Year Award, The Florida Bar Business Law Section, 2013
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.