Recognized since 2008
New York, New York
Employment Law - Individuals
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Louis Pechman practices before federal and state courts and government agencies in all areas of workplace law, including employment discrimination, sex harassment litigation, union-management relations, employment contracts, non-competition agreements, independent contractor issues, and overtime and pay disputes. As a practitioner for over thirty years in the labor and employment field, Mr. Pechman offers both individual employees and employers practical guidance on improving the employment relationship and, where appropriate, terminating that relationship.
Mr. Pechman has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America and as a New York Super Lawyer in the area of Labor and Employment Law since 2007. He has a AV-Preeminent for Ethical Standards rating by Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 Superb Rating from Avvo. Mr. Pechman has also been selected as a Fellow of the American Bar Association, an honorary organization limited to 1% of attorneys who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and dedication to the highest principles of the legal profession. Pechman Law Group PLLC, has been recognized by U.S. News’ Best Law Firms as a Tier 1 law firm in Employment Law for Individuals and Labor Law for Management.
Mr. Pechman is one of the most experienced practitioners in New York in the fast-emerging area of wage and hour law. Over the past decade, he has litigated over 300 federal and state court cases involving claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) and the New York Labor Law. Mr. Pechman is also the founder of waiterpay.com and empleadosderestaurantes.com, websites that focus on the complex wage and hour issues in the New York restaurant industry. His firm website is also available in Spanish at abogadoslaboralesny.com. A frequent contributor to the New York Law Journal and other business and legal publications, Mr. Pechman often gives presentations on employment law topics, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, sexual harassment, wage and hour law, and the development of human resource policies and procedures. He has lectured at New York University, Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, the Practising Law Institute and the American Bar Association. Mr. Pechman is currently an Adjunct Professor at Fordham University School of Law teaching the course “Wage Theft: Employee Rights and Employer Responsibilities.”
A former Chair of the New York County Lawyers’ Association Committee on Labor Relations and Employment Law, Mr. Pechman moderates NYCLA's annual programs “How to Handle an Employment Discrimination Case” and “How to Handle a Wage and Hour Case.” He served as Chair of the Restaurant and Hospitality Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association from 2015-2017. Mr. Pechman’s prior experience includes work as an attorney at some of the leading employment law firms in New York, as in-house labor counsel with the New York Daily News, and as a Field Examiner with the National Labor Relations Board. Admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bars, he is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations and the Fordham University School of Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.pechmanlaw.com/our-team/lou-pechman.html
- 488 Madison Avenue, 17th Floor, Suite 1704
New York, NY 10022
- Cornell University, BS
- Fordham University , J.D.
- New York, New York
- New Jersey, New Jersey
- New York, U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- United States, United States Supreme Court
- New York, United States District Court of Southern District of New York
- New York, United States District Court of Eastern District of New York
- New York, United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States, United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- American Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law - Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Section on Labor and Employment Law Committee - Member
- New York City Bar Association, Restaurant and Hospitality Law Committee - Chair
- New York County Lawyers' Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Committee - Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law. - Member
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Committee on Employment and Equal Opportunity for Women - Co-Chair
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- 10.0 Superb Rating, Avvo, 2015
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2015
- Rated AV® – Preeminent
- SuperLawyers, Labor and Employment Law, 2007 - 2015
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.