Lori B. Alexander has extensive experience representing companies throughout Connecticut in a range of labor and employment matters, including:
- Complex employment litigation
- Discrimination claims
- Wrongful discharge
- Retaliation cases
- Labor arbitrations
- Administrative charges
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act benefits litigation
- Employment arbitrations
- Other disputes between employers and employees
She represents clients in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and the Connecticut Department of Labor in matters involving:
- Title VII
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Employment Practices Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- State and federal common law
Lori also regularly advises employers on matters such as:
- Reviewing and developing internal policies and procedures
- Developing and presenting training related to sexual harassment and other human resource issues, including 'train the trainer'
- Hiring and firing decisions
- Employee benefits
- A variety of investigations including those involving claims of discrimination
Her clients include telecommunications, insurance, and manufacturing companies; retailers and banks, among others. Lori is one of three founding members of Littler Mendelson's New Haven office.
Before joining Littler, Lori was a partner at a general practice firm in New Haven. In law school, she was an editor of the Connecticut Law Review.