Recognized since 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Employment Law - Management
Lisa Marso is a partner in our litigation section, with a primary focus in employment law, governmental law, and life/health/disability law. She serves as the City Attorney for Brandon, South Dakota, and Attorney for Split Rock Township. Her clients also include both the small employer as well as those who employ thousands of employees. Clients represented include banks, cities and counties, manufacturers, insurance companies, franchisors, and health care providers. Lisa has particular employment law experience in:
• Successfully representing employers and insurers in administrative, civil and appellate claims. In so doing, she has assisted in developing legal precedent that protects both employers and insurers in South Dakota.
• Obtaining a number of court dismissals of cases involving bad faith allegations against employers and insurers.
• Providing training in the workplace, speaking to small and large employers, and conducting pre-litigation investigations to resolve disputes prior to litigation being undertaken.
• Labor negotiations on behalf of the employer and assistance to employers in unfair labor practice matters.
In addition to her involvement in employment law such as discrimination, ERISA, FLSA, COBRA, and unfair labor practice matters, Lisa has substantial varied litigation experience. This practice includes discovery, mediation, trials, and appellate work wherein she has been involved in trying 20 cases, and writing and arguing over 40 cases in the South Dakota Supreme Court and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lisa obtained her law degree from the University of South Dakota School of Law (1994), graduating in the top 10% of her class. She is admitted to practice law in South Dakota. She obtained her bachelor’s of art degree from the University of Minnesota, Southwest (1991), graduating Summa Cum Laude. Lisa has lived most of her life in the Sioux Falls area and resides in Brandon, SD with her husband Randy who is a high school athletic director and her two college enrolled children. Lisa enjoys running, swimming, biking, baking, reading, participating in community events, and spending time with colleagues, friends and family.
- Employment Law - Management, Sioux Falls (2022)
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.