Ms. Young (formerly Lisa A. Chun) concentrates on real estate, commercial financing and general business transactions. She has extensive experience in real estate and asset-based financing. She has served as counsel in the purchase/sale and the development and financing of numerous and commercial facilities, including hotels and shopping centers and in large-scale lending syndications. She also serves as local counsel to a national company with extensive agricultural operations in Hawaii. She has had extensive experience in real estate due diligence involving land title and government land use laws, as well as in leasing and in large-scale privatization projects with the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Army.
Speeches and Seminars
- “Commercial Real Estate Financing in Hawaii,” sponsored by Lorman Education Services (February 2003, February 2004)
- “Special Mortgage Recording Fees and Loss of Priority Issues,” June 18, 1998
- “Senior/Junior Lien Issues,” August 8, 1996
Articles & Publications
- Co-author, “Taxes and the Calculation of Present Value of Future Medical Expenses,” February 1996, Journal of Forensic Economics
- “United States vs. Burke and Internal Revenue Code Section 104(a)(2),” Summer 1994, University of Hawaii Law Review