Recognized since 2022
Non-Profit / Charities Law
The co-head of the Paris-based team specializing in non-profit sector organizations, Lionel DEVIC has developed recognized expertise in the following specific areas :
- reorganizing the activities and assets (particularly property) of non-profit organizations (merger, mutualization, division into subsidiaries)
- incorporating complex groups, whether or not they belong to the community-oriented economy, implying the coexistence of separate legal entities (associations, non-commercial and commercial companies, local authorities)
- creating foundations and numerous endowment funds
- optimizing company and asset transfers (shareholder endowment funds, incorporation of tools for holding philanthropic capital)
- developing additional financing methods (shared return funds, mutual investment funds, UCITS, private equity).
In this framework, he works primarily for associations (general interest, professional, religious, etc.), foundations, endowment funds and congregations.
When handling his cases, he strives to propose and/or prompt effective strategic thinking (benchmarks, audits, etc.), making it possible to anticipate development opportunities.
After graduating with a master’s degree and DEA postgraduate qualification in Business Law (Jean MOULIN LYON III University), he joined DELSOL Avocats in February 1999.
For several years, he was head of the tax section of the journal Juris Associations and specialist editor of the journal Tourisme & Droit (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group).
He has published the practical guide Fonds de dotation in the Juri’Guide collection (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group, 2009) and is director of publication of the first free website on endowment funds.
He works as a trainer for DALLOZ/JURIS, EFE, IFROSS and FIDUCIAL, and as a lecturer for the two-year master’s degree in Art and Heritage Market Law (PARIS II PANTHEON ASSAS University).
With a passion for educational issues, finally, he is the founder and chairman of a state-approved housing foundation.
Lionel DEVIC was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Non-Profit/Charities Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- 4 bis, rue du Colonel Moll
22 The Best Lawyers in France™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in France™ award
- Non-Profit / Charities Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.