Robinson & Cole LLP
Recognized since 2020
Providence, Rhode Island
Privacy and Data Security Law
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.rc.com/people/LinnFFreedman.cfm
- One Financial Plaza, 14th Floor
Providence, RI 02903
- Loyola University New Orleans , J.D.
- Tulane University, B.A.
- Massachusetts, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island, State of Rhode Island
- Brown University - Adjunct Professor (Executive Masters in Cybersecurity Program)
- Bryant University College of Arts and Sciences Advisory Council - Board Member (2018)
- Foundation for Rhode Island Day Schools - President
- Professional Facilities Management - Board Member
- Rhode Island Business Group on Health - Board Member
- Rhode Island Center for Justice - Board Member (2015 - present)
- Roger Williams University - Board Member, Finance Committee, Chair, Student Life Committee
- Roger Williams University School of Law - Past Board Member, Member Pro Bono Advisory Committee, Adjunct Professor (Privacy Law)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Recognized as a 2019 National Law Review Go-To Thought Leader
- Recognized by Lexology as a "Legal Influencer" for the first quarter in 2020 and for quarters two and three in 2019.
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Privacy and Data Security Law since 2020.
- 2016-2021 JD Supra Readers' Choice Top Author and the #1 author in Cybersecurity
- Recognized as one of 50 Top Healthcare IT Professionals by Health Data Management, 2015
- Roger Williams University School of Law 2015 Champions for Justice award recipient
- Rhode Island Department of Health Founder's Award recipient
- Rhode Island Attorney General Justice Award recipient
- Rhode Island Department of Health Award for Excellence in Public Health Promotion recipient
- Profiled by Directors & Boards in their 2014 class of Directors to Watch
- Providence Business News Business Women Industry Leader - Professional Services for 2012
- Robinson+Cole Community Service Award Recipient, 2021
- Ranked as a leader in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Privacy & Data Security nationwide since 2012 and global-wide since 2019
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Named one of the “Women to Watch in Health IT 2020” by Becker’s HOSPITAL REVIEW.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.