Recognized since 2018
Charities / Non-Profit Law
Trusts and Estates
Linda is a partner at Torkin Manes and chairs the firm's Not-for-Profit and Charities Law practice group. She counsels a wide range of not-for-profit organizations and charities (including charitable organizations and private and public foundations). Her clients include professional and industry associations, self-regulated bodies and organizations in such fields as religion, health, education, social services, poverty abatement, childcare, athletics and recreation.Linda acts as external general counsel to numerous not-for-profit organizations, both charitable and non-charitable. She has advised organizations in the third sector on structuring and restructuring matters, corporate governance, by-law interpretation, directors’ and officers’ liability, compliance issues, cross-border and international relationships and gifting, endowment and fundraising issues. She also provides general commercial advice to not-for-profits and charities.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.torkinmanes.com/people/bio/linda-godel
- 151 Yonge Street, Suite 1500
Toronto, ON M5C 2W7
- Ontario, 1989
- Canadian Bar Association - Charities and Not-for-Profit Law Section, Chair and member of various working committees - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Charity and Not-for-Profit Law Section, Executive Member, Past Chair, former Chair, Vice-Chair, Continuing Legal Education Liaison, Program Coordinator and member, Ad Hoc Governance Committee - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Charity and Not-for-Profit Law Section, Not-for-Profit Joint Working Group (with Business Law Section) regarding the Modernization of the Legal Framework Governing Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Charities / Non-Profit Law, Toronto, Canada (2021)
- Charities / Non-Profit Law, Toronto, Canada (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2024 for work in:
- Charities / Non-Profit Law
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.